Go Down

Topic: Arduino bundle for TextMate (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

westfw

It's not that I like makefiles, but for microcontroller programming is still not too hard to use it

I guess it doesn't start to really fall apart till you get a couple thousand source files!  :) :( :'(

Still, I think I'd prefer a way to invoke Arduino as a command like utility to build a sketch, instead of creating two ways to build the sketch.  I don't know how hard this is in a multi-os java app.  EAGLE (the PCB editor) does it in the linux and macos versions, but needs a separate exe for windows...

bigengineer

Sep 08, 2007, 10:11 am Last Edit: Sep 08, 2007, 10:14 am by bigengineer Reason: 1
xSmurf, could you upload the textmate bundle somewhere? I am still  in the evalutation period of textmate but it seems asa very good editor to me. Finally leaving vim behind me. (outside a terminal that is)
I just started using the arduino programmer as described on tinker.it. I expected that this programmer with textmate will make programming a lot easier.

bigengineer

Sep 08, 2007, 01:51 pm Last Edit: Sep 08, 2007, 01:53 pm by bigengineer Reason: 1
I tried to compile LCD4bitexample (from the playground) with the makefile from Oliver. But there are some errors:

applet/LCD4BitExample.cpp:4:21: error: LCD4Bit.h: No such file or directory
applet/LCD4BitExample.cpp:7: error: 'LCD4Bit' does not name a type
applet/LCD4BitExample.cpp: In function 'void setup()':
applet/LCD4BitExample.cpp:16: error: 'lcd' was not declared in this scope
applet/LCD4BitExample.cpp: In function 'void loop()':
applet/LCD4BitExample.cpp:28: error: 'lcd' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [applet/LCD4BitExample.elf] Error 1

It seems that LCD4Bit.h can not be found. What do I have to change so it will be found? I expect that all additional libraries will not be found.

Oliver Keller

For a quick "hack" you need to add LCD4Bit.cpp to the CXXSRC variable in the makefile.
Then in the .pde it must read #include "LCD4Bit.h" (no < >) to reference the lib as a local file. The last step is to put the LCD4Bit.h/.cpp in the same directory as the makefile and the .pde. Then it compiles -  at least in my case. ;)

I'm still searching for a nice setup, to include the arduino libs nicely in the makefile. Can anybody help?
When it's more polished I'll hopefully find time to do a Playground entry.

bigengineer

For a quick "hack" you need to add LCD4Bit.cpp to the CXXSRC variable in the makefile.  
Then in the .pde it must read #include "LCD4Bit.h" (no < >) to reference the lib as a local file. The last step is to put the LCD4Bit.h/.cpp in the same directory as the makefile and the .pde. Then it compiles -  at least in my case. ;)

I see, but this is going to a mess after a while. If I change something in the LCD4Bit.cpp, where do I change it? I assume this has to be local, in the directory where the pde is? If you start a new program with the modified library you  have to  copy the library files to the new program directory.

Go Up