Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: NewSoftSerial on the Mega  (Read 710 times)
Austin, TX USA
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I understand that the Mega has 3 hardware serial ports and, as such, has less need for software serial.  Nevertheless, a number of people have asked whether NewSoftSerial could be modified to support the Mega.  I would really like to add this support, but not quite enough to go out and buy my own Mega. smiley  Is there anyone out there who wants NewSoftSerial support enough to send me one?  PM me.

Mikal

Arduino rocks
View Profile

THANKS MAN

hi everyone, im adam from france im 20
im in an internship now ,

im working on an interactive panel of monochrom leds, i have done the scheme on the electronic board using a pic18F4520 via TLC 5940 for driving 16 leds plus 2 IR leds "one transmits the signal while the second receives it" WITH MPLAB C18 in order to blink leds just by moving one's hand upon the panel, i have beeen inspired by the schemes with "arduino" micros  already done on the web by other people , and i tried to do the same with the pic , i think  im ready for the next level by programming the 16 leds ,I HAVE TO DO IT WITH c language,  but as im not that good with C , i hope you could give me some help through this study,

I APPRECIATE ANY HELP OF THE PROGRAM I REALLY NEED IT THANKS IN ADVANCE
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:48:04 am by fightstar » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

i have done the same with my pic  http://students.washington.edu/acleone/codes/tlc5940arduino/img/breadboard-arduino-tlc5940_close.png

its the concept but that is analogic , im using microcontroler so as to be programmed in a digital way

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS

Austin, TX USA
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

fightstar--

I suggest that for better response you create a new topic, since your question has nothing apparently to do with NewSoftSerial or Arduino Mega.  That would give you much better visibility.  

Or at least pick a more popular thread to crash.  You can hear the crickets chirping in this one.  smiley

Mikal

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 01:10:59 pm by mikalhart » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

hi guys ,

i gave up with PIC18F4520 and mplab, i have bought an arduino atmega 168 board , and i have done the circuit connecting it with a tlc 5049and 16 leds , i have found some libraries in arduino software it's very helpful than the mplab , now my circuit works and my leds blink ,but i have to connect the whole thing with 2 photo IR diodes, the first emmits and the second receives so as to get an interactive panel with leds blinking  just by moving my hand upon the circuit , so my problem remains in how can i connect these IR photodiodes on the test board , ihave followed some instruction on some websites on how to connect them but , im not getting any results , please , my internship period of time is running out unfortunately , i have to get it done this week . thanks for any suggestions
i ve been based on many ancient projects similar to mine coz im using exactly the same components but unfortunatly it doesnt contain IRleds for interactivity , you can understand more , by seeing these links thanks http://code.google.com/p/tlc5940arduino/  "photodiodes"
http://mechatronics.mech.northwestern.edu/design_ref/sensors/reflectors.html
 you will understand more with this vid , but this one is an analogic panel (without) microcontroller , me i have to do it with microcontroller that's why ive chosen arduino instead of pic , btw i have a confusion abt using phototransistor or photodiode , they play the same role but i dont knw whiwh one i can use to be with the diode that receives plus i dont knw how to get them on the board , ive tried different schemes but it didnt work    thanks

« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 07:31:03 am by fightstar » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: