Go Down

Topic: Interrupts on Arduino Mega (Read 760 times) previous topic - next topic

RickN

Hi,

A simple question about the Arduino Mega. I ndded 6 external interrupts, generated by pulses. Luckily my board has 6 interrupts placed on digital pins

If I look at my board I see that 2&3 are placed under the analog input section. 18=TX1, 19=RX1, 20=SDA, 21=SCL

I guess I can still place my sensors at these pins, even though they are marked other functionality? However, when using TX1 and RX1, does that mean I loose one of the serial communication lines? I need one serial line for sending and receiving. There are several other pins, but maybe I miss some features since they are not generating interrupts?
Game hobby project: Tower22

retrolefty

"I guess I can still place my sensors at these pins, even though they are marked other functionality? "

Yes you can, but of course can't use multiple functions at the same time for the same pin.  ;)

"However, when using TX1 and RX1, does that mean I loose one of the serial communication lines? "

Yes, can't use Serial1, but that still leaves three other hardware serial ports using pins 0 & 1, 14 & 15, and 16 & 17. And of course there is a software serial library routine available that allows one to utilize serial communications on any free pair of digital pins.

Lefty

RickN

Allright, nothing to worry then :)
Game hobby project: Tower22

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy