Go Down

Topic: wiznet firewall issues (Read 572 times) previous topic - next topic

jeffob

Hi All,

I just found out today that my hosting company blocked my ip in there firewall due to too many connection requests. They have since removed the block.
i am trying to develop a solution that will send data over ethernet to a website. as of today i am opening the connection sending my data issuing the client.stop command and doing it all over again and doing it once every second. i can't help but think that this will become a serious issue for my potential customers.

isn't there some solid way of opening a connection and leaving it open so that the webserver isn't receiving connection requests every second?

How do people stream live video data?

Thanks
Jeff

follower

I just found out today that my hosting company blocked my ip in there firewall due to too many connection requests.

One connection per second seems like an extremely low threshold...

isn't there some solid way of opening a connection and leaving it open so that the webserver isn't receiving connection requests every second?

Yes, but it requires the software running on the server and client to know about it. You might want to start looking at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_persistent_connection

--Philip;

Go Up