Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Author Topic: Library for DS1307 Real Time Clock  (Read 36810 times)
London, UK
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Great work guys, got my DS1307 up and running in no time. Thanks for all the effort!

Adelaide
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hi;
I'm trying to compile the RTC example from the reference library and I am getting a complie error like "C:\DOCUME~1\Peter\LOCALS~1\Temp\build1739880429809810608.tmp/TimeRTC.cpp:18: undefined reference to `setSyncProvider(unsigned long (*)())' "

I think this is because I have the DS1307.cpp and DS1307.h files in the wrong folders, antone here can point me in the right direction.
There is advice that says they should be in the arduino\hardware\libraries\DS1307 folder which I must create?
Why do they not go into the main libraries folder with the rest of the provided libraries?
Apologies if this stuff has been covered elsewhere. :-X

Peter B.

peter_b

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

@Peter_B
Where the libraries go depends on the operating system and the version of the Arduino IDE you are using.

But, in order to display the message you are seeing, the .h file had to have been read, so it must have been in the right place.

What does your sketch look like?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 07:37:52 am by PaulS » Logged

London
Tesla Member
Have fun!
View Profile

Peter_B, the RTC library posted in this thread does not have a setSyncProvider function.

Are you trying to run the example sketch that comes with the Time library in the playground?
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Code/Time
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:56:58 am by mem » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Jump to: