Go Down

Topic: New Arduino IDE (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

mowcius

Without platform interdependency, it can't be better than the current IDE.

I have many ideas for an IDE but I'm not so sure about actually doing it.

Maybe you want to become very good friends with Massimo, David C, Tom, Gianluca and David M first.

:-?

Daanie92

I have many ideas for an IDE but I'm not so sure about actually doing it.

Sharing is always possible.

Maybe you want to become very good friends with Massimo, David C, Tom, Gianluca and David M first.

I'll consider that. For now, I can understand a lot of their original code but it is to much work to adapt everything to C++. I'll write my own code, but inspired by their code. (preprocessor for example)

To all, thanks for those quick replies. Some forums ... aren't that quick and active.

cr0sh

Hmm - has anyone tried this editor with the Arduino, I wonder?

http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/index.html

I doubt it would work completely "right outta the box" - ie, it wouldn't compile and upload - but it says that it is scriptable, so adding that wouldn't be difficult.

I just found it, and it seemed like it might be a good step in-between the current IDE and using eclipse.

:)
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Udo Klein

IMHO the biggest issue with the Arduino IDE is that it lacks any kind of version control. Having said that, the other features are below average as well. The main advantage of Arduino are the libraries and the examples and that it works out of the box most of the time.

So whoever provides a reasonable IDE for Arduino that includes version control *and* works out of the box will most probably win this "market".

Udo
Check out my experiments http://blog.blinkenlight.net

Daanie92

So whoever provides a reasonable IDE for Arduino that includes version control *and* works out of the box will most probably win this "market".

I'll add version control (SVN) to the list. Working out of the box is harder, but achievable.

Go Up