Go Down

Topic: Library for Ultrasonic Ranging Module HC-SR04 (Read 30764 times) previous topic - next topic

ITead

This library is for the HC-SR04 ultrasonic ranging module . The module is very easy use , now with the library , user just need a function then he can get the distance .

Library includes 3 functions for user :

Ultrasonic(int TP, int EP)

This is a initial function for ultrasonic ranging module, choose the pins for module Trig and Echo pin. You need using this function before Setup() to define the pin map.
example: Ultrasonic(13,12);
then you define the digital pin 13 of Arduino for the Trig pin of HC-SR04. And the pin 12 for Echo pin.

long Timing()

Trigger the ultrasonic ranging module work and return the duration that Echo pin keep high level.
example: long time; Ultrasonic hcsr; time = hcsr.Timing();
Then you start the HC-SR04 for ranging and you get the time the Echo pin keep high, you can change the time corresponds to the distance : Distance = ((Duration of high level)*(Sonic :340m/s))/2

long Ranging(int sys)

If you don't want to change the time into distance yourself  , this function will help you get the distance immediate. And the function has a parameter sys, you can use CM or ICN , than you get the distance show as centimeter or inch. This function will call the Timing() and you don't need to use the Timing() before it.
example: long distance; Ultrasonic hcsr; distance = hcsr.Ranging(CM);

;) Hope it help.

Itead Studio - Make innovation easier

ITead

Apr 25, 2010, 08:40 am Last Edit: Apr 25, 2010, 08:50 am by ITead Reason: 1
can not post the post with img before post the normal one ... so ...
reply and show the picture and attach the library

Download the library here

Itead Studio - Make innovation easier

pocketscience

Anyone used this successfully? Either the library or the HC-SR04 in general? With the library and my own version of it I get nothing but seemingly random results around the 1-3cm mark, even when there's nothing in range for far more than that.

Setup is Arduino Duemilanove powering the sensor from 5V/GND pins. Sensor TRIG pin connected to Arduino pin 12, sensor ECHO pin connected to pin 13 (though I've tried other combinations with same results).

Code: [Select]
#include "Ultrasonic.h"
Ultrasonic ultrasonic( 12, 13 );

void setup()
{
 Serial.begin( 9600 );
}

void loop()
{
 Serial.print( ultrasonic.Ranging(CM) );
 Serial.println( "cm" );

delay(1000);
}

Cheers,
Is life really that serious...??!

AWOL

Anyone used this successfully? Either the library or the HC-SR04 in general?

Not sure about the "HC" prefix, but I've had a Devantech SR[glow]F[/glow]04 for years, and it looks identical (even the timing diagram).
I've found it to be reliable.
I'll give the library a shot when I get home.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

doc_norway

I had some problems with the first unit I got. ITead replaced the faulty unit and the replacement works great.
I also bought another one that also works fine. I have only tested the units so far, but they seem to be fairly accurate.

/Henning

Go Up