Go Down

Topic: .net based Arduino Sketch Editor (Read 9031 times) previous topic - next topic

Curs0r

Yes AVR gcc provides debug information in coff format and into the elf... i've step debug avr gcc code in AvrStudio with the built in simulator.

There is also an option to use gdb and simulavr but simuavr is outdated (and i never tryed it)

Foozinator

Just found another conversation http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1196617535/0 that talks about how to do exactly that.  It looks a little stale, but if I can get it to debug, I'll have saved myself a lot of work!   ;)

bohne

Curs0r, the editor looks great!

Is there a todo list for this project? What are the next steps?

There might be some developers out there (including me) who want to support this project. Maybe you can explain your classes somewhere and add some comments to the source code so it is easier for others to participate?

But all in all it looks very nice! Thank you.
http://www.dorkbot.de
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1236434254
http://www.luminet.cc

Nachtwind

Believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid[ch8230] and I went ahead

graymalkin

I love this program and I don't understand why this thread has turned into some sort of hate thread aimed at pissing off curs0r and MSFT, some one said they liked Arduino because it is multi-platform, .NET isn't on linux so I don't care attitude!  This is completely stupid,  many people use Windows and .NET makes more complex projects like this accessible to many developers to tackle, even if you don't use this your self it adds awareness to how sucky the Processing IDE currently is, after all it was never designed for this sort of use.

I will take this opportunity to thank curs0r for the great program and for his time.  And I would also like the people who used this thread to rant about MSFT and .NET to feel ashamed of themselves for dropping to such a disgusting level.

Regards,
/me

cr0sh

I will take this opportunity to thank curs0r for the great program and for his time.  And I would also like the people who used this thread to rant about MSFT and .NET to feel ashamed of themselves for dropping to such a disgusting level.

First off, I agree with you on these points - curs0r has done a nice job for his platform; there isn't any reason to get hyper-political on these threads.

With that said, I do hope for a better editor that is multi-platform; if it can be made to work under Mono, that would be great; personally, I would prefer to see something done in Python with wxWindows (or gtk), as that would be much more cross-platform than just about anything outside of Java.

I can understand the "hate" for M$, though - for me, it is about their business practices, but more than that, it is about thier closed source nature; I have been burned more than once by closed source, and have attempted to avoid it ever since I discovered Linux and the GPL in 1995 - it just makes the best sense, much like back when I started with computers, typing in BASIC programs from magazines; I could see the source, see any bugs, fix them, pass those fixes on, and learn from the code - this is the way computers should be used. Closed source is artificial scarcity, IMHO.

With that said, though - if there really is a call for a better editor that is completely cross-platform, someone will make it...

:)

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

graymalkin

I can fully understand the hate for Microsoft I was just angered by people piggy backing it onto this post, eventually it would seem de-motivating curs0r.

FrankM

I was just angered by people piggy backing it onto this post, eventually it would seem de-motivating curs0r.

Speaking of which... this thread seems to be a little dead, and the Sketch Editor I discovered yesterday dates from months back... I kind of like this editor...   :-[

F

Dryw Filtiarn

Personally I would love to see this editor/IDE be further developed. I'm not really fond of the standard Arduino Sketch editor.

gismo

Yea....

So Curs0r, any updates? Your last google code update was Jul 2009.

Go Up