Go Down

Topic: Shield detected, but can't find any networks or connect (Read 11721 times) previous topic - next topic

matei1987

I can run the firmware check example and it returns the mac address of the shield, so I know that the board is seeing it. The green power light is also on.

When I run the scan networks example, it doesn't find any and just keeps going with the println's every few seconds. When I try to connect to wifi, I get the attempting to connect notifications, but no success.

I've updated the firmware to 19.4.4, and I've tried running it from the wall, a usb, and batteries all with no luck. The wifi, network, and error leds have never once lit up.

I'm going a little crazy here and I feel like I'm running out of options. Is there anything else I can try before  defaulting to hardware defect? I'd really appreciate any info!

Other details - Mac OSX, IDE 1.6.7, UNO board.

matei1987

Well I emailed customer support last night. Hopefully someone answers that email. $50 dollars well spent /s

Sean1188

same thing man, same situation, tried the same things.

matei1987

same thing man, same situation, tried the same things.
I went to a local Microcenter, found the old version of this shield (the one with the SD card), and got it running after a Firmware update.

I really hope they fix my 101 because I'm not eating 60+ dollars with shipping. How's their customer support normally? I haven't heard anything from them and I'm starting to get worried here.

Sean1188

this.

and its the weekend man, aint nobody got time for that.

matei1987

this.

and its the weekend man, aint nobody got time for that.
Exactly that. I was so freaking excited to get this in and connect my remote server to my home monitoring and that's all I got. Super disappointed. And the worst part is that I bought the official version from them on purpose, thinking that I'll avoid any issues that way. Lesson learned. Still haven't heard back from them. 

JG_225

I too am having this issue... at first my issue was with the compiler, I had to go to an older version of IDE to get the library to compile, and now this! 

you said that the original Wifi shield works well?

I am using the Arduino UNO R3... I wonder if the WIFI101 works better with the Ardunio ZERO... can anyone acknowledge this? 

Sean1188

If there are no replies to any solutions, I will be returning the module next week.

Matthewholloway10

I am having the same issue.  Did you have any luck returning your shield?

Matthewholloway10

I can run the firmware check example and it returns the mac address of the shield, so I know that the board is seeing it. The green power light is also on.

When I run the scan networks example, it doesn't find any and just keeps going with the println's every few seconds. When I try to connect to wifi, I get the attempting to connect notifications, but no success.

I've updated the firmware to 19.4.4, and I've tried running it from the wall, a usb, and batteries all with no luck. The wifi, network, and error leds have never once lit up.

I'm going a little crazy here and I feel like I'm running out of options. Is there anything else I can try before  defaulting to hardware defect? I'd really appreciate any info!

Other details - Mac OSX, IDE 1.6.7, UNO board.
I got mine to work by installing the 0.7.0 version of the library

Phil42

I'm experiencing the exact same phenomenon.  Asking the board to scan networks or open a network causes the example to hit an exception & restart. Can anyone else confirm that installing 0.7.0 of the library is a fix?   Has anyone heard from customer support?  This is ***VERY*** frustrating!

xarvey

jjko

I fixed by following Matthews suggestion and installing 0.7.0 version of the library

JG_225

yes, I to can confirm that going back to 0.7.0 version of the library works, I can now connect and get an IP from my wireless network  using WPA

xarvey

Same here, TIL rollback the version if it doesn't work

Go Up