Go Down

Topic: arduino uno without the functions... (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

omu_negru

Hey there....my arduino uno just arrived yesterday and all is well with it but i do have some questions for you guys. I'm actually interested in how C handles the requests for it so i was wondering if there is any tutorial online about the actual physical  addresses used in communicating with it.

I like how simple the interface software makes it to communicate with the board but the lack of a main function and the use of macros and constants for everything doesn't actually let you see much.  

I appologise in advance if this has been asked before and i thank anyone who's willing to give me a few tips...

Oh ....and since this is my first post on this board i'd like to say it's nice to be part of this community and i hope to be able to help with whatever i can when i learn more :).

Yot

Cool, another arduinoist.

The datasheet of the processor http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardUno in combination with the files in installation_directory\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino should be a good start.

Regards,
Jeroen

Coding Badly

Welcome.

Are you trying to find information about "low level" things?  Like what a register does?  Like how your C code eventually turns on a digital output?

Senso

If you want to use the bare Avr-libC I have a small but growing series of tutorials:
http://hekilledmywire.wordpress.com/

You talk about the communication part, well the arduino uno as an atmega328p as its main micro-controller, that micro as an USART which lets you do serial communications, that serial stream is feed to the atmega8u2 that as inbuild usb capabilities and send your data stream over a virtual com port.

retrolefty

And you program an Arduino in real genuine C/C++ language.  ;)

Lefty

omu_negru

Jan 12, 2011, 10:58 pm Last Edit: Jan 12, 2011, 11:02 pm by omu_negru Reason: 1
Thanks a lot guys...i guess this is the kind of stuff i was looking for :) ill dig right in :D

edit : I'm trying to find out how to interact with the board writinc c code from scratch....because i find it interesting and i think i can handle myself around bit shifts , pointers and the like. I like the fact that all the functions contain only abstract info...making everything that much more accesible , but if i get the hang of stuff perhaps i'll be able to make my own contributions in the future

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy