Go Down

Topic: Problems with 0021 on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx (Read 28 times) previous topic - next topic

mellis

I don't have a good understanding of what's going on here, so I'm hoping someone from the community can help figure out a good fix.  The code for the 8U2 has been available since the Uno started shipping.  It's in the hardware/arduino/firmwares directory of the release and online here: http://github.com/arduino/Arduino/tree/master/hardware/arduino/firmwares/.  Maybe we can find a change that stops the 8U2 firmware from relaying serial data until a program on the computer opens the port?

F.Munerotto

The same happens to me!

Upload works 1 time out 7-9 times, serial monitor never (I use gtktty).

I use Ubuntu 10.04
Code: [Select]
mune@lello:~$ uname -a
Linux lello 2.6.32-25-generic #44-Ubuntu SMP Fri Sep 17 20:26:08 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

and, despite the CPU is an AMD 64 dual core, it is a 32 bit system (more software).

The only non-standard thing is that I use already a USB-serial converter (/dev/ttyUSB0) to communicate with a little UPS; the system for my arduino uno creates a /dev/ttyACM0 device.

I use the latest (0.21) IDE
Code: [Select]
mune@lello:~/Apps/arduino-0021$ ./arduino
Experimental:  JNI_OnLoad called.
Stable Library
=========================================
Native lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7
Java lib Version   = RXTX-2.1-7

Jamexcb

I have the same problem.
My arduino uno works well on my Mac and in windows 7 on parallels.
But on my desktop with Ubuntu 10.04 no!
I use 10.04 because is the LTS version.
The  launchpad.net/~arduino-ubuntu-team/ version is a old version and don't have Arduino Uno interface.
After i connect arduino to USB Port and open 0021 the menus, like tools, are really slow to open. More than 15sec..

marlar

I have the same problem. It locks up when addressing the serial port from within the Arduino program.

Has any one found a fix?

Note: the delay fix after Serial.begin() does not work.

K-MOB

Add me to the list.  My Duemilanove has/had no issues.  Just got an Uno, and I'm seeing all of the same things.  Uploads are now through ACM instead of USB, Tools menu is very sluggish.  However, repeating does not ever seem to push the program through.  The TX button seems to be permanently lit, and after each try, I have to delete the lock file from /var/lock and reselect ACM from Tools.

I'm running 10.04 as well.  Suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Go Up