Go Down

Topic: Dreamcast Controller Interface: Help requested. (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

WzDD

Ah, that's fantastic! Great job. It kind of sucks that you had to add the delays though, because that means it will probably be too slow to work with a regular controller. I wonder if there are enough spare cycles to make it work reliably with both?

Just FYI, I got the same two characters before the device ID on a regular Sega controller as well. So either the layout on Marcus' site is slightly off or (more likely) my implementation of it is...

The B and C buttons do come first (actually I think B is in fact first due to endian swapping), but I do know I've managed to read all the buttons from a regular controller.

StevenH

Jan 16, 2011, 11:48 pm Last Edit: Jan 16, 2011, 11:49 pm by stevenh Reason: 1
I gave up on working out the B button... will get back to that at a later date...

For now, the throttle is controlling my model railway :) It's actually good fun... I've added in a very simple acceleration/momentum code and trying to get it to stop at the station isn't easy. Now to code the brake lever...

Blog post is here...

Anyone good with locomotive physics? :)

Go Up