Go Down

Topic: Library for Accelerometer MMA7361 (Read 37298 times) previous topic - next topic

lebenj

thanks,
it's this way i want to use it (no sleep mode),

so can't make directly a bridge between VCC (3,3v) and SL pin....  :'(

i will have to find a small SMD resistor on an old board and try to sold it...
My project need to be light and small!  :D

regards

studioj

Currently working on the AREF version. The 1.5G mode will come later. I expect it to be fully mature half of januari.

bHogan

@lebenj
so can't make directly a bridge between VCC (3,3v) and SL pin....

I'm not saying that you "can't" directly connect SL to VCC, but I can't suggest it either. It is very possible that the chip would be OK with that, but since I haven't tried it, I can't suggest it. I do know that if you directly connect it, you will never be able to put it in sleep mode.
Again, if you can spare a pin, you could avoid the resistor and have the option of using sleep mode.
@studioj - look forward to your next version.
:-X
"Data is not information, information is not knowledge, knowledge is not understanding, understanding is not wisdom."
~ Clifford Stoll

studioj

@lebenj
I connected the sparkfun GSEL pin directly to the 3.3V which gave no problem. When your application is only for testing I dont think you need your resistor. But when your finishing your prototype I bet it's better to be on the safe side and use the resistor.
So i don't recommend doing it (it's comparable to short circuiting a fuse in your household, as long as everthing is fine it works but when something screws up, it screws up bad)

@BroHogan: at the moment I'm adding a simple callibrate function and a setpolarity function, also reworking the offsets so they have effect on the raw data instead of the G's

lebenj

thanks...

i will manage to find a resistor to be sure.... will be a nice soldering exercise, as i need a CMD one to keep it small and light

regards

Hypermiler

@BroHogan -- thanks, this really helped me get a jumpstart! :)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy