Go Down

Topic: USB Host controller (Read 13 times) previous topic - next topic

alexus

nice development here :)

i have 2 questions:

1. Bluetooth over HCI, what is hci? Serial interface? Also can i get values of a signal strength. So when i close enough to my device i can activate it.

2. for plain USB for, do you think i can use it to record webcam to SD card? No video output just record video some how :)

tnx!

felis

HCI is host controller interface, standard way to talk to the BT controller. The comm. over HCI is "proprietary", it is made for two Arduinos to talk over BT. This has been done to save memory. The standard RFCOMM interface is in the works.

You can get signal strength with HCI command.

Webcam interface depends on how much video you need and how often. Video USB spec defines many standards, if you don't need output, you can turn on some good compression and record decent quality video over narrow channel. Take a look at USB video spec at usb.org to get better idea.
/felis

alexus

tnx for quick reply!

ok so i guess for BT i cant pay aroubnd w. it yet as i wanna talk to my comp over BT :)

As to video, i just need regulat webcam saving video preferably in MJPEG fromat to SD car and adding text watermark with date on it.
usb.org sems to require pasword to vew their topics, and i'm not a member of concorceum :( So i dont even know where to start

felis

/felis

alexus

nothing in there about Video devices :(

Go Up