Go Down

Topic: AVRProjectIDE - Editor for AVR/Arduino Projects (Read 13276 times) previous topic - next topic

frank26080115

I have no idea what is wrong, but try updating your avr-gcc version, and make sure that the arduino core files are up-to-date
Freelance engineer, consultant, contractor. Graduated from UW in 2013.

Graynomad

Hi Frank,

I've also been trying to get Netbeans to work and just got exactly the same errors so there's some funny business going on. I'll persue the Netbeans angle and if I find the problem it may apply to AVRprojectIDE as well.

______
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Graynomad

Got it working, don't really know how but after getting Netbeans to work AVRprojectIDE did as well. So now I'll have a good play, this does seem like the right level of complexity for an IDE IMO. Arduino is too brain dead, Netbeans too complicated, AVRprojectIDE about right.

Now I'd like to customise the editor (fonts etc) but no matter what I do in scintconfig.xml it has no affect. Any ideas?

______
Rob

harry

Hi,

First off, well done! this is a cracking editor for windows (no doubt the open source crowd will start moaning now :P)

Im interested in using this editor for attinys using custom arduino cores, is it going to be as simple as creating a new template in the templates xml file and specifying a custom arduino core in the config?

Many thanks for all your hard work so far, i'd love to contribute if theres anything i can help with.

Graynomad

Hi Harry,

I'd love to see AVRProjectIDE working properly and I did get it to a working state at one point but have had more luck with Netbeans and am using that for the moment.

I tried modifying various aspects of the IDE look and feel by editing XML files but nothing I did had any affect. Based on that you may have trouble adding more chips, but maybe I just didn't apply myself as much as I could have.

______
Rob

frank26080115

err, hey submit an issue to the google code site please, i need more details about what and how you made your changes, and what doesn't work

i've moved on to a ARM project and Eclipse is damn good, too bad I don't know how to write plug-ins yet, if i can i would probably redo most AVR Project IDE features as Eclipse plug-ins
Freelance engineer, consultant, contractor. Graduated from UW in 2013.

harry

Hi

I have logged an issue detailing what changes i have done. So far I have got it working with Attiny2313 core and attiny84 core. I had a look at multiple processor cores, one for the attiny45/85 and one for many different chips, but i couldnt get these to work. Maybe something to do with how each chip is defined?

Also i noticed that if i compile a simple sketch (no libraries) it will compile and run fine, even serial library worked on 2313, but if i added any other library such as liquid crystal it would bin out saying it couldn't find wire.h despite it being in the library folder. any idea? haven't really investigated yet.

Also, is there a way to set the path of the core you want to use with the templates.xml file? It'll cut down one step of setting up the project.

pabloxid

Hi, Frank.

AVRProjectIDE is exactly what I was looking for. Thank God you created this tool. I tried version 1.104 and it works fine, my code compiled, upload and run just like it did in Arduino IDE.

I have the same problem that Graynomad already mentioned, I can't customize the font size, whatever I do with scintconfig.xml, even if I delete, it appears again with the default settings.

Regards,
P.G.

Go Up