Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Author Topic: Help- using an arduino to make a midi controller  (Read 29131 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

That would be great. Thank you very much Matt. You need to have MIDI input in your computer. If you don't, you can buy any MIDI > USB converter, they're like $4. That would give you limitless possibilities.
Or you can simply ask bassman what are the exact messages and what do we do wrong. You're his customer so he should tell you.

If you get the kit from bassman, don't limit yourself with only Kaoss Pad. Once you have a MIDI controller in your guitar, you can do everything. Play drums, modify the distortion level or even control lights on stage (using some MIDI > DMX converter). So you are only limited by your imagination. When I see people with XY Pad in their guitars who are only using couple of Kaoss Pad programs, it's just a waste of potential.

I LIKE COOKIES
View Profile

Glad I can help, I'll tell you as soon as I get my hands on it smiley

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hey all
Sorry for the late reply. I got no notification of the conversation continuing!

Here's my plan. I haven't received the controller yet, but I have a touch screen ready to go. I have a MIDI to USB cable, if someone can show me how to record MIDI that is outputted then when I get the kit I can find out what code is being sent.

Cheers,
Phi

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I found out what the problem was.

You have to send a "on" and "off" signal to the touch pad

so here is the "on" signal you send before you send the touch pad values:

midiCC( 0xB0,92,127)

and here is the off signal

midiCC( 0xB0,92,0)

hope this helps guys.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Yes, that is something I mentioned early in the forum....... but good to hear that it's finally working!

The hold switch bypasses the off command, by the way.

I LIKE COOKIES
View Profile

It's a great feeling when things finally work right smiley

P.s. What software do you guys use to programme the Arduinos and to read MIDI?

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I also found the sollution to this problem couple days ago but I forgot to post it here.
Matt: Arduino IDE. And there's no need to read MIDI, because that's what MIDI devices do (like KP or Whammy). But if I need to see what messages are being sent by my device, I use application called MIDI monitor.

EDIT: Btw. Chris, how are the works going?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 11:53:21 am by zygmoont » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

touch pad is being read, now I just need to think about how im gonna write code that turns off the pad when im no longer touching it, but also doesnt just turn it off after every midi signal is sent, as that sounds crap.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Send turn pad off if y == 0 and x == 0 (in the main loop).

I LIKE COOKIES
View Profile

Is it possible to control a Whammy Pedal using just the Kaoss Pad, not a X/Y controller?

Arduino rocks
View Profile

with the KP3 it should be possible, but KP2 I don't know.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

HI guys! i'm new in this forum and extremely exciting to know is possible to make a copy of matt bellamy kaoss pad controller.
I'm completely off in programming and other else...but i read all posts in this forum, and it seems someone found the right way and the final solution.
So...is it possible to have a short how to, to build a kaoss pad midi controller??
i need electric schemas, kind of pieces, code to give to arduino mini, and the software to do this.
Can someone send me an operative guide for dummies???????
you are the best!!!!

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Man, we've spent months working hard on this project and you want us to share everything we did? It doesn't work that way.
Buy arduino, buy everything that is needed to make it work, get familiar with arduino IDE and then, if you find some problem you can't solve, ask us and we'll tell you. But don't expect complete how-to or complete code.

EDIT: When I started this project I knew absolutely nothing about programming and absolutely nothing about electronics. So, I think this project has been the most educating thing that I've ever done. Keep this in mind and do it yourself.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 01:48:13 pm by zygmoont » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

when I started I also knew nothing, and expected a full how to...I am so glad i wasn't given one.
this post has literally EVERYTHING you need to make the touch pad with.

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

EDIT: When I started this project I knew absolutely nothing about programming and absolutely nothing about electronics. So, I think this project has been the most educating thing that I've ever done. Keep this in mind and do it yourself.
when I started I also knew nothing, and expected a full how to...I am so glad i wasn't given one.
this post has literally EVERYTHING you need to make the touch pad with.
Well said guys!

It is definitely about the learning experience.
I have been quietly following this thread and I have to say it seems to be coming along quite nicely  smiley

Mowcius

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to: