Go Down

Topic: Arduino + Applescript quick fix... (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

So, tonight I wanted to know if someone was trying to IM me while I was in the other room (important stuff, you know...). Searching for arduino/applescript stuff didn't turn up too much other than people searching for the same in a few forums or blog posts. And, not that this is especially smart of me, but I thought I'd post it here anyway. I based my arduino code off of the serial_comm_basic sketch just w/ a little more fun flash fadiness. Then I found the todbot.com arduino-serial command line tool:

at which point it becomes very easy.. in Applescript do something like this:

do shell script "/Applications/arduino-0007/serialCommand/arduino-serial -b 19200 -p /dev/cu.usbserial-0B2 -s H"

and that's it. You can process info, create UIs, even read in info from arduino using shell commands like that in applescript and applescript studio.

I downloaded iCAR (iChat Auto Reply) and executed the applescript from there (it also does shell commands, but I didn't realize that until after I did this).

So, yeah, not rocket science, but if you're looking for a quick and dirty Applescript / Arduino combo - that may work for you.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131