Go Down

Topic: arduino MINI extra a-ports with arduino2max (Read 794 times) previous topic - next topic

IvoDaniel

Hi...I have some trouble getting the extra two analog ports to communicate with MAX/MSP. I edit the arduino code from 5 ports to 7 and added 2 extra i(nputs) in the arduinoreader patch and added the appropriate send and receive objects in the arduinoreader/arduino2max_v4 patches.
Yet it won't work.
Could someone help me to get these extra analog ports to work.

Daniel

Dec 20, 2006, 08:22 pm Last Edit: Dec 20, 2006, 08:36 pm by Daniel Reason: 1
"extra" analog ports? Do you mean the PWM outputs?

OK-- I get it. You mean AD6 and AD7 on the Atmeg168? I don't have one, so you will have to fiddle and let us know what the answer is.  :)

D

scottmcleod

"extra" analog ports? Do you mean the PWM outputs?

OK-- I get it. You mean AD6 and AD7 on the Atmeg168? I don't have one, so you will have to fiddle and let us know what the answer is.  :)

D

You're the guy that wrote Arduino2Max? Man, dude, you rock.

Where are you located? If I lend you one of the arduino mini's, can you figgure out how to read the extra pins? I'm gonna need them for my project.
-Scott

Daniel

Dec 28, 2006, 06:16 am Last Edit: Dec 28, 2006, 06:17 am by Daniel Reason: 1
I didn't do much, it was mostly based on TOF's code! You can thank him. But hey, we're both Canadian, if that makes a difference :)

Sorry I don't have an Arduino mini, and i have a slew of other projects, so I can only suggest you  try this:
- add the ports to the arduino code as applicable ( the code has to call the new ports through analogRead() )
- add a MAX print statement right after the serial object, where the data comes in.
- bang the serial port slowly to see what comes in form the Arudino.
- modify patch to extract the data coming in.

It would be great if you could figure this out for others to use!

D

scottmcleod

Hey, I still haven't gotten the extra pins to work...

I applied this code to my pins.c file, and successfully uploaded it to the arduino, but still haven't been able to get the arduino to export the extra data.

I added two extra "i's" to the object that splits out the data into all the ports, but it doesn't add anything.

I was thinking... do you want to try running an output over the internet, into your copy of max? (using net.write or whatever the 'net series of patches are called?)
-Scott

scottmcleod

*cough*

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1168836470/

I applied this code...

Stupid keyboard.
-Scott

Daniel

scottmcleod

Alas, no :-(

The code's applied, but I need to figgure out how to read the new pins.
-Scott

Go Up