Go Down

Topic: The problem with PD(pure data) (Read 768 times) previous topic - next topic

ilst7760

Hello,

I use arduino(usb) with max/msp. If I use arduino with max, it works very well, but I tried with PD, it doesn't work. I used two patch who names are Pduino-0.2 and Arduino2PD. But I can't use.  

When I tried with Pduino, I uploaded pd_firmware to the board and I turned it on and arduino-test.pd. And I changed serial port, even port#15,  

When I change the serial port Pd sad,  

** ERROR ** could not open device /dev/ttyS1:
failure(2): No such file or directory

** ERROR ** could not open device /dev/ttyS2:
failure(2): No such file or directory

etc..

And if I write #16 on the serial port,

It say

comport open 6959828, baud 1 not valid (args: [portnum] [baud])

Do I must install some patch on PD? Just I use Pd extended and I didn't install any patch.  
Because I saw 'ilstall-notes' in pduino,  

Pduino needs the following externals and abstractions:

[arduino], from pd-cvs/externals/hardware/arduino
[comport], from pd-cvs/externals/iem/comport
[speedlim], from iemlib, pd-cvs/externals/iemlib

If I need externals, where do I take that? I think there is external -'comport' in Pd extended, but I don't know another.

How can I use that?

thank you.

optilab

Hello, I think you've got to check if your arduino is really connected to /dev/ttyS1.  On my computer it's on /dev/ttyUSB0. Also on your pd patch you could try to send a higher number to open the serial port, it range from 0 to 7 but it could be more. You can look in the PD-list , it has been discussed. Hope it helps you.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy