Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino-VVVV: toward a fully-featured node  (Read 476 times)
London
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi,
I've made a simple extension to mr benefit's arduino-vvvv work to allow the communication to handle multiple signals (in the case of my example arduino prog and vvvv patch, I treat all 6 arduino analog ins in vvvv).   Here's a write-up including links to the code.

I'd be interested in collaborating to make a more fully-featured vvvv node for the arduino.  Let's hear requests.  If you've already done it, let's hear that, too, please!

I'll have a look at the pure-data object and use that as a guide.  no MAX here smiley-sad

vvvv was very popular in impromptu demos at the fantastic arduino workshop I attended at the weekend.

neillzero

View Profile

Yeh, saw your patch and code nice work smiley

But my trouble isn't reading the arduino with vvvv, but let the Arduino do the stuff I want!!
(sending a textstring from vvvv to Arduino, and than Arduno must split the string and fill the variables).

edit:

ahh.. okay.. after reading the forums for an hour I a hope I can use SmimpleMessageSystem smiley
(for others: I mean this:http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Code/SimpleMessageSystem)

Hope I can control Arduino with vvvv now smiley
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 07:49:50 pm by Westbam » Logged

Forum Administrator
Cambridge, MA
Faraday Member
View Profile

Cool.

If you want to make a more fully-featured node, I would suggest that you implement a vvvv complement to the firmata firmware that Hans Steiner has been developing (http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Interfacing/Sensorbox).  There are already libraries for PD, Processing, Flash, and, I believe, Max/MSP.  We're hoping to use firmata as the default Arduino firmware and the more languages/environments that work with it the better.

View Profile

The SimpleMessageSystem looks rather easy compared with firmata  :-[
(but it is limited, I know)

But WOW!! Did I miss that there is already work done for vvvv smiley How cool is that!!
I need to pay better attention!!

So I just have to bite the bullet and go for Firmata thnx for pointing it out Melis!! smiley

edit: Awesome work from mr. Benefit!! WOoooooopy!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 07:22:56 pm by Westbam » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: