Go Down

Topic: Arduino and Processing -Migs (Read 502 times) previous topic - next topic

Migs

Sep 19, 2008, 06:24 pm Last Edit: Sep 19, 2008, 06:30 pm by Migs Reason: 1
Friends:
How do I use Processing with my Arduino Diecemila?  Where are there sketches for LED's and so on for this?

Can someone explain the whole relationship between the two?  I downloaded Processing and looked through the examples, but they seem to be more graphically oriented, so how does it all relate to the Arduino?

Thanks amigos, -Migs

mikalhart

The typical usage model is to run Processing on a host computer which is communicating to the Arduino via some serial-like interface.  You might have your Arduino, for example, generate some data, which could be transmitted to and plotted by Processing (or any other computer language).

Mikal

Migs

Hi Mikal:

So Processing is not a development environment for Arduino code per se?  I kind of had that impression:  That I would write the code in Processing and then somehow send it to the board for execution.

Migs

mikalhart

Sep 19, 2008, 09:35 pm Last Edit: Sep 19, 2008, 10:07 pm by mikalhart Reason: 1
Almost right.  The development environment is based on Processing and is written in java, but the Arduino language itself is pretty much C++.  Download it here: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software.

You have the basic idea right.  You do develop your code locally and upload it from the computer to the Arduino.

M

Migs

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy