Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino and Processing -Migs  (Read 441 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Friends:
How do I use Processing with my Arduino Diecemila?  Where are there sketches for LED's and so on for this?

Can someone explain the whole relationship between the two?  I downloaded Processing and looked through the examples, but they seem to be more graphically oriented, so how does it all relate to the Arduino?

Thanks amigos, -Migs
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 11:30:39 am by Migs » Logged

Austin, TX USA
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

The typical usage model is to run Processing on a host computer which is communicating to the Arduino via some serial-like interface.  You might have your Arduino, for example, generate some data, which could be transmitted to and plotted by Processing (or any other computer language).

Mikal

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hi Mikal:

So Processing is not a development environment for Arduino code per se?  I kind of had that impression:  That I would write the code in Processing and then somehow send it to the board for execution.

Migs

Austin, TX USA
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Almost right.  The development environment is based on Processing and is written in java, but the Arduino language itself is pretty much C++.  Download it here: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software.

You have the basic idea right.  You do develop your code locally and upload it from the computer to the Arduino.

M

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 03:07:50 pm by mikalhart » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Thank you Mikal!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: