Go Down

Topic: Arduino and Processing -Migs (Read 461 times) previous topic - next topic

Migs

Sep 19, 2008, 06:24 pm Last Edit: Sep 19, 2008, 06:30 pm by Migs Reason: 1
Friends:
How do I use Processing with my Arduino Diecemila?  Where are there sketches for LED's and so on for this?

Can someone explain the whole relationship between the two?  I downloaded Processing and looked through the examples, but they seem to be more graphically oriented, so how does it all relate to the Arduino?

Thanks amigos, -Migs

mikalhart

The typical usage model is to run Processing on a host computer which is communicating to the Arduino via some serial-like interface.  You might have your Arduino, for example, generate some data, which could be transmitted to and plotted by Processing (or any other computer language).

Mikal

Migs

Hi Mikal:

So Processing is not a development environment for Arduino code per se?  I kind of had that impression:  That I would write the code in Processing and then somehow send it to the board for execution.

Migs

mikalhart

Sep 19, 2008, 09:35 pm Last Edit: Sep 19, 2008, 10:07 pm by mikalhart Reason: 1
Almost right.  The development environment is based on Processing and is written in java, but the Arduino language itself is pretty much C++.  Download it here: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software.

You have the basic idea right.  You do develop your code locally and upload it from the computer to the Arduino.

M

Migs

Go Up