Go Down

Topic: Flash and Arduino using AS3Glue and Tinkerproxy (Read 721 times) previous topic - next topic

codegirl

Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to get Arduino and Flash to communicate with eachother using AS3Glue and Tinkerproxy on Vista 32-bit.  I'm going by this tutorial at: protolab.pbwiki.com/TutorialFlashSetup2009

I couldn't get serial proxy working, so I had to use Tinkerproxy.  I uploaded Firmata to the board and I am able to connect and the swf ways 'Socket connected!', but I can't seen to send or receive data.

If anyone knows how to get all of this working, please message me.  I need your help!

Thanks,
Anne-Marie

Zwaf

Feb 14, 2009, 03:26 pm Last Edit: Feb 14, 2009, 03:33 pm by Zwaf Reason: 1
Was just about to post a similar topic.

I have the same problem but with serproxy and the following tutorial:
http://www.progetto25zero1.com/b/tools/Arduino/
(you might also want to try that one).

What happens is that it appears to succesfully connect:
serproxy says (as soon as I launch the flash):
Server Thread Started
server(2) - thread started

However, the Flash animation appears to not receive any data from the Arduino. The port and localhost adres are correct (127.0.0.1 and 5332) because if I change it in Flash, it doesnt even bring serproxy further than 'Waiting for clients'.
Also, Arduino does work since if I unplug it serproxy says: "Failed to open comm port - connection refused".

Ports are opened in Windows' Firewall and I also run Vista 32bit.
I also tried running TinkerProxy with port 5332, port 2 and 9600bits

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Oops, my bad, uploaded the wrong program to the Arduino  :-?. Forget about my question. Or might this be your problem as well  ::) ? (highly unlikely but ok)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy