Go Down

Topic: Using MIDI Library from the playground (Read 327 times) previous topic - next topic

formasfunction

I'm brand new to the Arduino and I'm trying to use the MIDI Library (arduino.cc/playground/Main/MIDILibrary) with a Duemilanove and I can see on the serial monitor that midi data is being sent from the Arduino to my mac over USB but I can't seem to figure out how to get that recognized as a MIDI device in MIDI Monitor (snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/). I've seen a lot of info around the boards regarding other MIDI projects but not specifically using MIDI Library. Am I going to have to use Max MSP to make the serial connection show up as a MIDI device or is there a way around that? If that's the case, I'm rather green in that area so any help would be appreciated. Ultimately I'm trying to interface with Logic Audio.

Grumpy_Mike

Am I going to have to use Max MSP to make the serial connection show up as a MIDI device

Well you are going to have to use something for this and if you have Max then you might as well use that. Other options are Processing, Chuch, PD, or write your own.

Go Up