Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Coding for Wiimote - arduino interface  (Read 395 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi,

I read abliss's post here:
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1172459283

and found it very interesting as I've been playing around with the wiimote for awhile now. Unfortunately I'm not great with code and I'm not sure how I can get readings from the wiimotes' accelerometer and buttons and use it's bluetooth capabilities to have the arduino communicate with my PC as is mentioned in the above post. I don't really understand what the code in the abliss' post does. Primarily I would like to somehow interface the wiimote and the arduino together and send the date over the bluetooth connection to my PC and into Max/MSP.. is this doable?

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I'm very interested in this too, for PC (and possibly without Arduino at all, but no offense, I love it!!) -- would be nice to just send it directly to a USB bluetooth dongle and save the arduino for other stuff like lasers  smiley-wink

I haven't used the Wiinmote program, which apparently works well. However I don't know how to get that data into Max after that.

On the Mac side the aka.wiimote object for Max does this job quite well and is free.

--CJ

london
View Profile

You could use glovepie  on a pc and send midi or osc to max

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I found this site recently that has Wiimote & AVR/Arduino projects.
http://www.windmeadow.com/

Denmark (Europe)
Electronics Designer & Consultant
View Profile

I know I'm digging up an old thread smiley-wink
But you can get a REALLY good Visual C# .Net source code (2008 or so) for the WiiMote.
I don't remember where I found it, but if interested I will search my harddrive for the link!

Need any help with your electronics projects?
TKJ Electronics, a consultancy company located in Denmark (Europe), has the required ex

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: