Go Down

Topic: Connecting to Flash (Read 403 times) previous topic - next topic

bri0

Need some help with my EMF detector
Yesterday at 20:56:56 | Modify | Remove  Im a student of graphic design in Detroit, and i could really use some help.

*disclaimer* im SUPER new to using Arduino but i have doing a lot of reading.

So i found this project : aaronalai.com/emf-detector <----- real cool
- I built it and thats all gravy

The problem: I wanna be able to read the EMF signals in flash using the NETLab Widget tool kit (analoginput). I THINK I i need to add something to the sketch because none of the data is making it to Flash.

WHAT IM USING:
-Arduino (sketch app)
-NETLabHub
-NETLab Toolkit AS3 Widgets
-Flash CS4

THE CODE IM USING NOW:

int inPin = 5;             // analog 5
int val = 0;                 // where to store info from analog 5
int pin11 = 11;         // output of red led

void setup() {

Serial.begin(9600);

}

void loop() {

val = analogRead(inPin);                    // reads in the values from analog 5 and
                                                                 //assigns them to val
if(val >= 1){

val = constrain(val, 1, 100);               // mess with these values                                      
  val = map(val, 1, 100, 1, 255);        // to change the response distance of the device
  analogWrite(pin11, val);                    // *note also messing with the resistor should change  
                                                                 // the sensitivity
 }else{                                                     // analogWrite(pin11, val); just tuns on the led with
                                                                // the intensity of the variable val
  analogWrite(pin11, 0);                     // the else statement is just telling the microcontroller
                                                               // to turn off the light if there is no EMF detected
}

Serial.println(val);                                // use output to aid in calibrating

}

CHEERS - THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

PaulS

Flash is a licensed product. It's expensive. Very expensive. Proprietary format, too.

Using it in combination with an inexpensive, open sourced product like the Arduino seems wrong, somehow.

Anyway, not a lot of people use it, so you may not get a lot of help here. Just so you know.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy