I´ve started developing a Cocoa Framework for basic serial communication.
It is free to use, modify, redistribute but at the moment in an early development stage.
The main goal of the project is to simplifiy interfacing with a serial device in cocoa applications.
You can either grab the sources via:
svn checkout http://serialconnect.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
or get a package containing the framework and a prefpane as well as a demo application here:http://code.google.com/p/serialconnect/
How to use:
1. Build sources or install package
2. Go to SerialConnect PreferencePane, enter device name and baud rate and click "Apply"
3. In your XCode Project, goto Frameworks, LinkedFrameworks -> Add existing framework; Choose ~/Library/Frameworks/SerialConnect.framework
4. In XCode Project, goto "Project"-menu, choose "New build phase"->"New Copy Files Build Phase"; Destination == "Frameworks"
5. In Xcode Project, goto Targets, choose your target, drag "SerialConnect.framework" from Frameworks, LinkedFrameworks to the new Copy Files Build Phase
6. Compile and run
If you want to contribute to the project, feel free to contact.