Go Down

Topic: Matlab arduino controller/DAQ (Read 636 times) previous topic - next topic

Leo_UoS

Hi all,

I am trying to build a controller and DAQ system for controlling come actuators and reading several sensors.  Currently I have written two separate programs; one that lets me read n number of sensors and print them to serial continuously and another program that selects the actuator that I need to control then sets its set point.

The problem lies in combining the two.  Ideally the system will stream the sensor values through the serial to matlab however I want to occasionally send a new setpoint (from matlab) for the actuators.  Is there a way within matlab to do this?  

When the sensor data is streaming - matlab is busy.  I also dont want to have to specify the actuator setpoints on every loop.  So I think I need a sort of interupt within matlab which I'm not sure exists.

Any ideas guys?

emacpher

In newer versions of Matlab, there is a Timer object that can call a given function at regular intervals. There is also a timer specifically associated with the Serial port object that dates back to Matlab 6.0 at least.

cheers, e.

Leo_UoS

Thanks but thats not really what I'm after.  I cannot afford to add any delays into the loop by using timers.  The arduino will be eventually used as part of a control system so adding any delays could cause my system to become unstable.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy