Go Down

Topic: Arduino Mega + as3glue + Firmata 2.1 (Read 494 times) previous topic - next topic

Burningfuses

Hello.
I built a small flash application that works perfectly when using the Arduino Duemilinove + Firmata (2.1) + as3glue.
But it doesn't work when using the Arduino Mega with the same Firmata and code. I believe that I have everything setup correctly and flash is able to get the firmata version out of the Arduino Mega (as does the Arduino Duemilinove).

I'm aware that the firmata that came with the latest Arduino (0017) is buggy and I have already replaced it with the one found here: http://at.or.at/hans/pd/objects.html, so I'm guessing this is not a Firmata problem, unless the Firmata does not support the Mega, but from what I could find it does support it for simple digital output.
What am I missing here?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
Cassiano

PS: I mistakenly posted this in the wrong forum section. Sorry about that.

digitalColeman

Firmata is not really capable of dealing with the mega and a different firmata (some have proposed FirMega) will need to be written because of some very different pin numbering issues that the mega uses because of its processor. (i.e. its a whole extra pain in the ass)

so for now, the mega is not firmata friendly.
sorry.

eighthave

just to follow up, a lot of stuf works already on the mega, some stuff is just wierd like sending a message to pin 15 actually affects pin 24 or something like that.

kountz

cassiano did you find any solution to this? I'm having a similar problem controlling any pins on the Mega except for PWM 2-13.

EgonG

Hi, I have similar problem too with Mega.
When I send data to arduino straight from IDE,where I told him to blink LED on pin 13 it si runnig correct, but , when I send data by help of as3 glue and flash, RX LED si blinking,but LED on 13 pin isnt. Also I tried to set EVERY pin to ouput and set them to HIGH and nothing happens. If someone could help, I will be happy ever after until death.thanx

EgonG

Allright, after trying and trying,I get to this way:
1.get IDE 0018
2. download from http://www.kasperkamperman.com/blog/arduino/arduino-flash-communication-as3/  as3 bundle
3. download simpleDigitalFirmata to your Mega Arduino
4. Run as3 glue standalone monitor in flash
5. dont forget to manualy restart your mega arduino after launching standalone monitor.
Now you can turn off and on build-in LED on pin 13.
I know its yust a stupit blinking LED, but you must start somehow

Go Up