Go Down

Topic: circle code for Etch a sketch? (Read 997 times) previous topic - next topic

spinjim

I am just learning arduino and electronics so I built a computer controlled etch a sketch. Not very original I know, but a good way to learn. All I used was 2 stepper motors (Jameco #155432) and 2 darlington arrays (uln 2004) a powers supply and the arduino board. I have been successful at programming it to a point. I first made straight lines, then boxes, then diagonals and then diamond shapes but I am stuck on how to make a circle. Can anybody out there offer some help to the mathematically challenged?
I want to draw images too, but that is after I learn how to do circles. I included some simple code that will make a diagonal line.
Thanks,

Code: [Select]
// positive hor steps will move right, negative left aproximatly 1720 steps from side to side
// positive ver steps will move up, negitive down. Aproximatly 1150 steps bottom to top
// the acuracy is not very good. Mechanically the stylus is controlled by strings that stretch and give instead of breaking.

#include <Stepper.h>
#define STEPS 200
Stepper hor(STEPS, 2, 3, 4, 5);
Stepper vert(STEPS, 8, 9, 10, 11);
int rpm=30;
void setup()
{
// set the speed of the motor to the variable rpm
 hor.setSpeed(rpm);
 vert.setSpeed(rpm);
}
void loop()
{
 // draw a diagonal line
for (int i=0; i <= 800; i++){  
 hor.step(1);
 vert.step(1);
  }
}

westfw

hungerburg

there "http://www.mikrocontroller.net/topic/42447#610705" is an implementation of Bresenham for a full circle - its not perfect for small circles though

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy