Go Down

Topic: Need some help (Read 453 times) previous topic - next topic

tokesnugerd

The situation:
In march I have to present a work for school.. it's named 'robotics for dummies'. Using the arduino I want to controll a RC-model car (the RC part replaced by the arduino and some other electronics). To keep it simple, I'm only using 3 microswitches (2 in front, and 1 in the back).

The problem:
I don't have the arduino YET! It will arrive in february. So I'm very short in time...
I've read a couple of tutorials and I'm already trying to make the program before I have the arduino.
But I might need some help since I can't test the program.

I'll translate a few comments from dutch to english. But if there is someone that speaks dutch, prepared to help me I would be verry happy!

The code:
Code: [Select]

/*
*  RC-auto Versie 0.1
*  Tokesnugerd - Eindwerk Salco Haasrode '07/'08
*  Dit programma moet de auto in staat stellen om door middel -> description what the program should do
*  van 3 druksensoren rond te rijden zonder vast te steken. -> description what the program should do
*/

int Slv = #pin;        // Pin where the front left switch is connected to
int Srv = #pin;        // Pin where the front right switch is connected to
int Sa  = #pin;        // Pin where the rear switch is connected to

void setup() {
 Serial.begin(9600);   // Prepare serial
 pinMode(Slv, INPUT);  // Slv is input
 pinMode(Srv, INPUT);  // Srv is input
 pinMode(Sa, INPUT);   // Sa is input

Serial.println("Ik start het programma!");  // Says that program is starting
}

void BOTSlv() {                                    
 Serial.println("Ik ben links vanvoor gebotst!"); // Send message that there has been a collision front left
}

void BOTSrv() {                                    
 Serial.println("Ik ben rechts vanvoor gebotst!"); // Send message that there has been a collision front right
}

void BOTSa() {                                        
 Serial.println("Ik ben rechts vanachter gebotst!"); // Send message that there has been a collision rear
}

void loop() {
 if (digitalRead(Slv) == LOW){  // front left collision
   BOTSlv();                    
 }
 if (digitalRead(Srv) == LOW){  // front right collision
   BOTSrv();                    
 }
 if (digitalRead(Sa) == LOW){  // rear collision
   BOTSa();                    
 }
}

That's all.. as you can see there isn't much about it.. but I want to be sure that the basics aren't full of errors!
May I post here another version when that one is completed ?

Thanks!!!!
Toke

mem

You can install and run the Arduino IDE without a board to check the syntax of your
code.

The sketch you posted is a good start. You do have an error in the initialisation of  the variables defining the  pins,  (#pin needs to be replaced with a number representing the digital pin you want to read)

Good luck!

tokesnugerd

That was one I was aware of :) Its done counsciously (written correctly ?? :)) because I don't know the pins I will be using yet..
The next step is the motor movement..

The IDE doens't give any errors (when choosing a random number as a pin) so I think this should work ?

I suppose there isn't an emulator or something like that...

Thanks for your response !

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy