Go Down

Topic: ethernet shield problem (Read 2632 times) previous topic - next topic

asduskun

No. It is a w5100 ethernet controller. The HanRun device you see is the RJ45 socket.
http://s.aliexpress.com/67n22eYf

yes i m wrong sorry. i m using ethernet.h library, do you think i should use different library? but the most interesting thing i realize that those green and orange leds dont flash in rj45 socket. doesnt matter if i upload a sketch or not, they must be flashing or not?

by the way i removed that 100nf capacitor next to the reset button but again the same problem

SurferTim

Did you check for solder bridges on the w5100?

asduskun

i try it but i dont know what to look for in those bridges!

below in the red circle was the capacitor i removed

SurferTim

That capacitor would not be causing your problem. I suspect you have short circuit somewhere on the board.

Here is a link to a picture I use to show what solder bridges look like. The red arrows are pointing at them.
http://s681.photobucket.com/user/grue2/media/Computers/pict10852.jpg.html

asduskun

Jun 25, 2016, 03:03 am Last Edit: Jun 25, 2016, 03:10 am by asduskun
ok these are mine

asduskun

Jun 25, 2016, 03:28 am Last Edit: Jun 25, 2016, 03:34 am by asduskun
can this be a short circuit?

PLUS

in the following picture there are two extra components which i dont have!

SurferTim

Looks clean to me. There must be something wrong if it is malfunctioning like it is. Are you certain it is getting adequate power? Some computer USB ports do not supply the amount of power that others do.

asduskun

Jun 25, 2016, 10:41 am Last Edit: Jun 25, 2016, 10:47 am by asduskun
Looks clean to me. There must be something wrong if it is malfunctioning like it is. Are you certain it is getting adequate power? Some computer USB ports do not supply the amount of power that others do.
I also thought about it but
1-how can I measure it? I have multimeter but how can I measure?
2-And I also have 12 v adapter I can power the arduino with that from Vin pin but then I must remove ethernet shield then using jumper wires which arduino pin goes which pin on the shield
3-and lastly shall I solder back that capacitor? Will it make a matter?
4- did you check the previous picture? In that, soldering of one of the SPI pins is excessive and touches the sd card slot from its edges. Does it make short circuit?

asduskun

hey thanks a lot i solved the problem, as i told you i removed that excessive soldering next to sd card slot and now all is fine, but my other problem is now: Since i share my internet with my neighbour i just have wireless connection so i decided to bridge my wireless with my ethernet and plug the shield into my computer s ethernet on win 10 i couldnt do it , it gives me some errors like privileges error, whatever then i passed on connectify software and i shared my wireless connection over ethernet and it works but this time connectify gives me a gateway 192.168.57.1 which is different than the modem's gateway which is 192.168.1.1 so i can connect that 192.168.57.1 gateway on my laptop but naturally i cant connect over other devices like my phone. if i change the gateway  ip to 192.168.1.1 on the sketch, this time i cant connect it. is there a solution for this? i know this is because connectify gives me different gateway and ip related to it.

SurferTim

Your computer is acting as a firewall for your ethernet shield.

arssant

this time i cant connect it. is there a solution for this? i know this is because connectify gives me different gateway and ip related to it.
Hi

Get a cheap router with dd-wrt or even open-wrt compatibility.
Configure it as client mode.
client mode
This way you can get internet connection by wireless from your neighbour, this router will give you a local lan for yourself and get your computer and w5100 shield connected by RJ45 cable on same LAN.
Like this:
Primary: is your neighbour wireless, and secondary will be your router.

SurferTim

I use a MikroTik router to connect my ethernet devices to a WiFi access point. You can do that with many brands of routers.

arssant

I use a MikroTik router to connect my ethernet devices to a WiFi access point. You can do that with many brands of routers.

I know. I saw your nick several times in mikrotik forum. :)
I use a RB 941 too, some nanotations, and some bullets too, for that.
But cheaper, for less than 25 usd, you can get a dd-wrt router compatible with 4 rj45 ports as lan.

SurferTim

I used to participate in the dd-wrt forum also. I've corrected a bug or two for them.

asduskun

Thanks all on this forum, people are so helpful. On some other forums you cant get a reply for days

Go Up