Go Down

Topic: Multi-function interfaces? (Read 636 times) previous topic - next topic

Sorry if this is a simple question. But I'm trying to figure out how to design menu based interfaces within the Ard using a 20x4 LCD. While I have the LCD working fine, and can send data to/from the unit, I'm having trouble in figuring out how to "switch" between screens.

Essentially I have 4 function buttons. 1 for an "increase some variable", 1 for a "decrease some variable" functions, one for 'menu or select' and another.. for arbitrary functions I haven't decided on yet.

What I'd like, is to have an operating screen that displays whatever information I choose -- and this part I have already. When user pushes the Menu button, menu appears. Use the up/down to navigate the menu, push 'menu' again and you enter into the settings for that item. up/down again selects various changeable values, 'menu' again and you can edit the value. 'menu' exits the edit-value.

While I'm passable @ C (I'm better in PHP or TCL/Tk) I'm not quite sure how to design a program structure that this kind of interface will work in while in the loop().

anyone have any suggestions or skeleton ideas?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131