Go Down

Topic: Easy Question - How to set an attribute bit (Read 341 times) previous topic - next topic

sam

I have a sketch that polls the user for:
1. A time duration between 1 and 15 seconds.
2. The amount of that duration that digital pin 9 should be set high.
3. How many (up to 4) additional digital pins should be activated at that frequency.  These are pins 10-13.

What I want to do is to set each additional pin to either be synchronized with pin 9 or offset by the duration that pin 9 is HIGH.

I am trying to understand how I can set a "sync" bit for the additional channels.

Here is the function that I am hoping to have handle the selection of additional channels and whether or not to synchronize each to the master channel 9.  I am learning as I go so it may be convoluted and if you have to time to steer me in the right direction I am very willing to take criticism.  For what it's worth, here it is:

Code: [Select]
//
//
//Set Number of Channels
//
//
int setChannels(){
 int result;                                      // Variable to store return value
 do {
   potval = analogRead(potpin);                   // Read pot value (0 - 1023)
   mySerial.print("?x00?y0");                     // Cursor to column 0, line 0
   mySerial.print("Set Number of");
   mySerial.print("?x00?y1?l");                   // Cursor to column 0, line 1, clear line
   mySerial.print("Channels: ");
   potval = map(potval, 0, 1023, 5, 1);         // Scale pot value to 1 to 5 channels
   mySerial.print(potval);                        // Print pot value  

buttonval = digitalRead(buttonpin);            // Check for button press
   /*
  If button is pressed & it wasn't being pressed a moment ago & its been long enough since the
    last time that it isn't a bounce... ...remember press time for next debounce?
    */
   if (buttonval == HIGH && prevbuttonval == LOW && millis() - presstime > debounce) {
     presstime = millis();                        // Store time button was pressed
     result = potval;                              // Store potval to cycle
     delay(1000);
     mySerial.print("?x00?y0?l");                 // Cursor to column 0, line 0, clear line        
     mySerial.print("Set Number of");  
     delay(2000);  
     mySerial.print("?f");                        // Clear the LCD      
     //     prevbuttonval = buttonval;

// Set Channel Sync
     if(result > 1){
       for(int i = 2; i <= result; i++){               // Loop to set channel sync

do {
           potval = analogRead(potpin);                   // Read pot value (0 - 1023)
           mySerial.print("?x00?y0Set Channel ");         // Cursor to column 0,line 0
           mySerial.print(i);                             // Print channel in question
           mySerial.print("?x00?y1?lSync.: ");             // Cursor to column 0, line 1, clear line

if(potval <= 511) {
             mySerial.print("Yes");
           }
           else {
             mySerial.print("No");
           }
           buttonval = digitalRead(buttonpin);            // Check for button press
           /*
  If button is pressed & it wasn't being pressed a moment ago & its been long enough since the
            last time that it isn't a bounce... ...remember press time for next debounce?
            */
           if (buttonval == HIGH && prevbuttonval == LOW && millis() - presstime > debounce) {
             presstime = millis();                        // Store time button was pressed

/*

How to set sync bit?

*/
           }

return result;
         }
         while (i <= result);
       }
     }
   }
 }
 while (1 == 1);
}

Thanks so much for any help.

Sam
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
~ Mark Twain

http://www.lewrockwell.com/

sam

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
~ Mark Twain

http://www.lewrockwell.com/

Go Up