Go Down

Topic: need a bit of itoa help (Read 761 times) previous topic - next topic

davidb

Hi all,
Need some advice on converting a series of ascii ints into the number they actually make up (e.g. 49 48 48 >> 100). Currently I'm reading data from a digital compass (heading, pitch, & roll) using newsoftserial. Usually I've been simply passing the data to the UART Tx and that's that. Now I actually want to use the data to do some onboard processing. The packet from the compass is three floats, separated by commas, ending in both a carriage return and line feed. Heading is always positive (0. - 360.), pitch and roll positive or negative (-90. to +90, -180. to +180., respectively).  Breaking up the packet isn't that difficult thanks to the commas and line feed. My hurdle is converting "49 49 48 46 53" into "110.5", and then using it as a float in other calculations on the arduino. itoa is what I would use on the mac side...and it seems like this is what I should use on the arduino side, but I'm not finding much info, and my attempts so far won't even compile. Any advice on references or example code...or even a different method?

Thanks in advance!

David

Coding Badly

I believe you're looking for [glow]atof[/glow].  It's in [glow]stdlib.h[/glow].

Good luck,
Brian

davidb

Perfect!
Thanks for the nudge!
Best,
David

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy