Go Down

Topic: Arduino Mega (Read 454 times) previous topic - next topic

harsh

Hi All,

I was looking for more EEPROM as the board i am working now the Duimilanove has only 512 bytes of EEPROM. I found the arduino mega has 4kb of EEPROM.

But is it totally compatible with arduino dumilanove? CAn i use the same environment for MEGA? Can i run the same programmes on mega that i have written and executed on the duimilanove?

I am also using an LCD keypad module mounted on the dumilanove which i need for my project, so if i choose mega for the sake of memory, can i use same lcd modules with mega or i hv to look for some other stuff?

If you hv used the mega or know about it, please reply.

Thanks all.

Grumpy_Mike

Basically it is yes to everything.

CAn i use the same environment for MEGA?

Yes just select Mega as the board type.

Can i run the same programmes on mega that i have written and executed on the duimilanove?

Yes but you can't do the other way round if you are using a feature of the mega that the other board hasn't got.

can i use same lcd modules with mega

Yes I have used the same LCD on both boards.

programmer

Sep 09, 2009, 05:59 pm Last Edit: Sep 09, 2009, 06:00 pm by programmer Reason: 1
You could always use an external EEPROM chip, which are really cheap and easy to work with using the Arduino.

Something like the 24C256 for example which gives 256Kbits (32K), and only uses a couple of arduino pins.

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheets/228/160402_DS.pdf

harsh

Thanks for your replies.

Now i can order an Arduino mega and i ll see how it works.

Thank you

Go Up