Go Down

Topic: Need help finding a library. (Read 374 times) previous topic - next topic

Tech126

I'm wondering if anyone knows were I can find the library for this module. It's labeled as "1.5A Mini Dual Channel DC Motor Driver Module Beyond L298N PWM Speed Control library" or is the regular L298N library would work?

mjward

Sep 13, 2016, 06:18 pm Last Edit: Sep 13, 2016, 06:20 pm by mjward
Can't see in the picture. Is the chip on that board an L298? If so, then it ought to work. Looks like it might work anyway.

best,
Michael

Tech126

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5A-Mini-Dual-Channel-DC-Motor-Driver-Module-PWM-Speed-control-beyond-L298N/322154853940

here is a pic of it.

mjward

Sep 13, 2016, 06:26 pm Last Edit: Sep 13, 2016, 06:26 pm by mjward
Are you controlling a stepper motor or regular spinning motors?
If it's the spinning motors, you don't really need a library--just set the inputs high/low as needed.
If it's the stepper, then a library may be useful, depending.
--Michael

DrAzzy

According to the listing. It's not a '298. It's some mystery made-in-china driver chip with internal MOSFET switches. As the seller (more or less correctly) notes, the '298 is based on obsolete BJT technology and has significant voltage drop and hence heat dissipation. It's a shame they don't give a part number or anything.

In any event, the third picture in the ebay listing linked above tells you how to use it
ATtiny core for 841+1634+828 and x313/x4/x5/x61/x7/x8 series Board Manager:
http://drazzy.com/package_drazzy.com_index.json
ATtiny breakouts (some assembled), mosfets and awesome prototyping board in my store http://tindie.com/stores/DrAzzy

Tech126

Are you controlling a stepper motor or regular spinning motors?
If it's the spinning motors, you don't really need a library--just set the inputs high/low as needed.
If it's the stepper, then a library may be useful, depending.
--Michael
According to the listing. It's not a '298. It's some mystery made-in-china driver chip with internal MOSFET switches. As the seller (more or less correctly) notes, the '298 is based on obsolete BJT technology and has significant voltage drop and hence heat dissipation. It's a shame they don't give a part number or anything.

In any event, the third picture in the ebay listing linked above tells you how to use it
So knowing the internal mosfet I want to regulate the speed. Well actually that part is not important I just need it to turn on either direction. Though I saw some where ut can do PWM. How do yoy do that on such mosfet chip?

OldSteve

Sep 14, 2016, 04:25 am Last Edit: Sep 14, 2016, 04:33 am by OldSteve
Though I saw some where ut can do PWM. How do yoy do that on such mosfet chip?
As mentioned by DrAzzy, the third picture on the listing tells you how to use it, including PWM.
For instance to turn motor A forwards with PWM speed control, you take IN2 low and apply PWM to IN1.

Edit: Incidentally, that's a relatively high price for one of those modules. You can get one for US$0.99:-
1.5A Mini Dual Channel DC Motor Driver Module Beyond L298N PWM Speed Control

Please do not PM me for help. I am not a personal consultant.
And others will benefit as well if you post your question publicly on the forums.

Tech126

As mentioned by DrAzzy, the third picture on the listing tells you how to use it, including PWM.
For instance to turn motor A forwards with PWM speed control, you take IN2 low and apply PWM to IN1.

Edit: Incidentally, that's a relatively high price for one of those modules. You can get one for US$0.99:-
1.5A Mini Dual Channel DC Motor Driver Module Beyond L298N PWM Speed Control

Oh, okay that makes complete sense. Now I can use a pot to control it thanks for the help. Now I can drive the motor at a constant speed I want.

Go Up