Topic: Data to send PC to WiFi (Read 3080 times) previous topic - next topic

PA3040

Dear All

I need to send data  from my PC to ESP 8266

Is there any PC software to installed

The data that I need to send is like  0x99

please advice

Delta_G

Not nearly enough information to answer. Try adding details. What code is on the esp?  Where is the data coming from? 
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

PA3040

Dear Delta Thanks for the reply

the data coming from my laptop to ESP

The ESP already programmed and connected with my laptop

Now I need to send data from laptop to ESP

I need to software to send data from laptop

please advice

Delta_G

Ok but answer the questions I asked.
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

mrburnette

Oct 06, 2016, 07:16 pm Last Edit: Oct 06, 2016, 07:17 pm by mrburnette
Dear Delta Thanks for the reply / the data coming from my laptop to ESP /
The ESP already programmed and connected with my laptop

Now I need to send data from laptop to ESP / I need to software to send data from laptop

please advice
So, an assumption: You programmed an ESP8266 with ArduinoIDE?  That is, you are NOT using the "AT" commands?

Assuming the above, you have a USB-Serial adapter that allows you to connect the ESP8266?  Or, are you using a NodeMCU board that already has the USB-serial?

See why more information is required?

Anyway ... if you have Serial-USB or are using a NodeMCU, you can move data back and forth over the USB-serial interface.

IF for some strange reason you are using the "AT" version of the firmware on the ESP8266, things are going to be very difficult.

Ray

PA3040

Dear Ray  Thanks for the reply

I am using ESP8266 12E ( not a Node MCU)

I am not in using AT command  version

Currently my ESP programed as a web server I think, which I can connect with my laptop web browser and I can ON and OFF LED connected with ESP using my laptop web browser

My new requirement is

I need to ON and OFF the LED using software which installed on my Laptop not from web browser

please advice

Thanks in advance

mrburnette

My new requirement is

I need to ON and OFF the LED using software which installed on my Laptop not from web browser
There are so many factors to this question that a chapter from a book could be written.  Rather than bias you with my way, read up a bit on the various ways that are available in This Google Search

When you pick the solution you wish to implement, then if you have issues, come back in a new thread and we will try to get you over any rough spots.

Ray

PA3040

Dear ray Thank for the links and advice

I when through the links that you have been provided. All the links are discussing with LED controlling with WEB browser. and RS232 connected Rx Tx with WiFi module using USB. But my requirement is little different

My Requirement is

PC software -------> Connect to its WiFi module of PC -------> then PC send data using WiFi -----> Then my ESP receive data ------> ESP Rx Tx connected with Arduino Rx Tx ------> Then I can collect data from Arduino

Hoped you understand my question

please advice

Thanks in advance 

mrburnette

Oct 07, 2016, 02:38 pm Last Edit: Oct 07, 2016, 02:48 pm by mrburnette
Dear ray Thank for the links and advice

I when through the links that you have been provided. All the links are discussing with LED controlling with WEB browser. and RS232 connected Rx Tx with WiFi module using USB. But my requirement is little different

My Requirement is

PC software -------> Connect to its WiFi module of PC -------> then PC send data using WiFi -----> Then my ESP receive data ------> ESP Rx Tx connected with Arduino Rx Tx ------> Then I can collect data from Arduino

Hoped you understand my question

please advice

Thanks in advance  
Yes... backward from what I read initially ... but, I understand, I think  :o

Well, I think this is the root issue in your plan ...
Code: [Select]
PC software -------> Connect to its WiFi module of PC
 which means the PC's WiFi adapter must change to support point-to-point.  I'm going to be honest and tell you that I have never researched if the PC 802.11 module can be commandeered by user-written software .... I suspect this would be something like having Sniffer hook the network stack - but for sending instead of promiscuous receive.

Would this not make more sense:

GPS receives data -------- > Tx  to Rx on ESP8266 serial  ---------> ESP8266 sends data to any listening node

Listening ESP8266 node -----> Receives data ----->  Sketch on ESP8266 processes data & displays time/date

That is what my project here does.

If you replace the GPS in the above scenario to be the PC USB to serial and if you use the ESP8266 as an Arduino programmed module you essentially have your WiFi connection for $4 x 2 = $8 (NodeMCU from AliExpress.)

You can also program the ESP8266's in LUA to do point-to-point communication.

... and there are ESP8266 to ESP8266 (node-node) examples out on the ESP8266.com site which uses the ESP8266 somewhat like a WiFi bi-directional modem.

Ray

Shivank

Hi PA3040,
Have you got success in communication between ESP8266 and laptop over wifi.
I have the same requirement. Please reply me if it is possible.

ramprasadp123

Hi PA3040, I have a similar requirement where Ii need to send data from my PC to my adafruit HUZZAH with ESP8266 and acknowledge the reception of data back to my PC. I'm new to networking and arduino, I hope you have sucessfully implemented. Could you please throw some light on how to get started with this ?

Go Up