Go Down

Topic: Areas for discussion. (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

TchnclFl

I thought it was supposed to cancel compiling or something.  Many times I'll hit compile, and notice an error in my code, but I can't recompile until this one's done, and that can take some time..

mowcius

I thought it was supposed to cancel compiling or something.  Many times I'll hit compile, and notice an error in my code, but I can't recompile until this one's done, and that can take some time..

Yeah but does it work? It doesn't seem to. Maybe I just never need to cancel the compiling...

TchnclFl

Doesn't work for me.  I click it, and nothing happens :P.

knuckles904

Im pretty sure the stop button is leftover from processing where it actually exits out of the little applet where graphics are shown. As far as i know, its never done anything with regard to arduino. I dont know how to stop compiling, but to stop upload (which takes much longer anyway) i just yank the usb cable (tho i dont reccommend it unless you have an avr programmer on hand in case you corrupt the bootloader). I havent dl'd 0018 yet, but id love to see a way to keep serial data in the window while still being able to shut off the serial port (for logging purposes). Thats a big reason i never use 0017 much.

TchnclFl

Just saw this on the Arduino Environment Playground Page:

Stop
Stops the serial monitor, or unhighlight other buttons.

Go Up