Go Down

Topic: Good Dispay ePaper for Arduino (Read 42919 times) previous topic - next topic

opendocumentary

Hi Jean-Marc,

thanks, yes that fixed the problem! I was checking the code but also missed that bit.

Don't worry about refresh time. For me it is working now good enough!

Thanks for your help!

If you could just make a "quick & dirty" example for MultiDisplay that would also be fine with me :)

Cheers,
Christian

ZinggJM

Hi Christian,

I have added the example GxEPD2_MultiDisplayExample to the library GxEPD2, declared as "preliminary".
I have tested it with the 4 uncommented displays on Wemos LOLIN32, compiled on my development notebook, not yet tested on my other notebook with actual ESP32 package.

The version of the library has not changed, as the fixes are still pending; black boarder issue needs additional investigation.

Jean-Marc
No personal message please; any question may be useful for other users. Use code tags for code. Make links clickable with URL tags. Provide links to the product in question.

ZinggJM

GxEPD2 version 1.0.3 available with fixes for GxEPD2_SD_Example.

This version also adds the GxEPD2_MultiDisplayExample, an example that shows how to use multiple e-paper displays on one processor board with multiple instances of display classes. It also shows how to preserve IO pins by sharing RST and BUSY IO pins, in addition to the shared SPI pins. Each display needs its own CS pin.

Passing references or pointers to the display class instance is complicated by the fact that the template classes used in this version of the GxEPD2 library have no common base class (except Adafruit_GFX).

Jean-Marc
No personal message please; any question may be useful for other users. Use code tags for code. Make links clickable with URL tags. Provide links to the product in question.

opendocumentary

Hi Jean-Marc,

THANKS ... now I know what I will do this weekend :)

Cheers,
Christian

ZinggJM

GxEPD2 Version 1.0.4 available with GxEPD2_GFX base class support.

Base class GxEPD2_GFX can be used to pass references or pointers to the display instance as parameter.

This avoids the need of using template functions when a display reference parameter is used.

GxEPD2_GFX_MultiDisplayExample uses GxEPD2_GFX reference parameter passing, can replace GxEPD2_MultiDisplayExample.

GxEPD2_MultiDisplayExample is kept as reference for template function use, and modified for ESP8266 template syntax issue. (GxEPD2_MultiDisplayExample kept as "abschreckendes Beispiel" for missing base class issue).

Jean-Marc

noelportugal

Hello,

Using GxEPD2 I always the following Serial print. Although useful to know whats happening, I would like to disable it (the debugging) at some point. Is there a flag for this?

Code: [Select]
_PowerOn : 100127
_Update_Full : 15404462
_PowerOff : 28955

Thanks

ZinggJM

Hi

The actual version has an init() parameter for this. I think it should work.

Code: [Select]
void init(uint32_t serial_diag_bitrate = 0) // = 0 : disabled

noelportugal

Yeah, that did it! thanks again. Soon I'll share here what have I been working on  8)

Go Up