Go Down

Topic: Strange JAVA errors when uploading code (Read 616 times) previous topic - next topic

RobotGuy

Jun 03, 2010, 10:32 pm Last Edit: Jun 04, 2010, 06:04 pm by RobotGuy Reason: 1
I'm working on an Arduino Serial Slave sketch that allows it to be a command driven slave to another micro as well as allow for adding autonomous code for controlling a robot. However, I am getting some weird JAVA related errors when I try to upload my code, which looks fine as far as I can tell. Unfortunately, errors scroll by to fast to read. I'm using the Arduino 018 IDE upgraded with the current Sanguino software. I can upload other sketches, so there must be something related to my current code that is triggering the errors. My code is too large to include in a posting.

Are there any known issues with the Arduino IDE setup I am using?

8-Dale

RobotGuy

My code can be found at http://www.lynxmotion.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5342&start=30#p63618

8-Dale

PaulS

Jun 04, 2010, 08:17 pm Last Edit: Jun 04, 2010, 08:19 pm by PaulS Reason: 1
If you tried compiling (verifying) without uploading, the errors eventually quit.

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.StackOverflowError
     at com.oroinc.text.regex.Perl5Matcher._match(Perl5Matcher.java)

While this might not mean much to you, what is happening is that the regular expression parser had a problem. The regular expression parser is looking for things like matching double quotes.

You have this code:
Code: [Select]

switch (maincmd) {
     case 'D':
       Serial.print(\nSensor Data Dump\n[glow]"[/glow]);

Sort of customary to have double quotes come in pairs.

Code: [Select]
         Serial.print(": ";

Same with open and close parens.

RobotGuy

Thanks!  I think I just needed another pair of eyes on this. I feel like such a newbie, making mistakes like that.

8-Dale

Go Up