Go Down

Topic: Strange JAVA errors when uploading code (Read 768 times) previous topic - next topic

Jun 03, 2010, 10:32 pm Last Edit: Jun 04, 2010, 06:04 pm by RobotGuy Reason: 1
I'm working on an Arduino Serial Slave sketch that allows it to be a command driven slave to another micro as well as allow for adding autonomous code for controlling a robot. However, I am getting some weird JAVA related errors when I try to upload my code, which looks fine as far as I can tell. Unfortunately, errors scroll by to fast to read. I'm using the Arduino 018 IDE upgraded with the current Sanguino software. I can upload other sketches, so there must be something related to my current code that is triggering the errors. My code is too large to include in a posting.

Are there any known issues with the Arduino IDE setup I am using?

My code can be found at http://www.lynxmotion.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5342&start=30#p63618

Jun 04, 2010, 08:17 pm Last Edit: Jun 04, 2010, 08:19 pm by PaulS Reason: 1
If you tried compiling (verifying) without uploading, the errors eventually quit.

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.StackOverflowError
     at com.oroinc.text.regex.Perl5Matcher._match(Perl5Matcher.java)

While this might not mean much to you, what is happening is that the regular expression parser had a problem. The regular expression parser is looking for things like matching double quotes.

You have this code:
Code: [Select]

switch (maincmd) {
     case 'D':
       Serial.print(\nSensor Data Dump\n[glow]"[/glow]);

Sort of customary to have double quotes come in pairs.

Code: [Select]
         Serial.print(": ";

Same with open and close parens.

Thanks!  I think I just needed another pair of eyes on this. I feel like such a newbie, making mistakes like that.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131