Go Down

Topic: Genuino MKR1000 COM Port Hilarious Plug and Unplug effect  (Read 3407 times) previous topic - next topic

ballscrewbob

Jan 07, 2017, 06:53 pm Last Edit: Jan 07, 2017, 06:53 pm by Ballscrewbob
Just because those lines are red in colour does not always mean its a warning.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

mmpk

could anyone tell me how to solve this problem. I am bit confused after reading all these posts. This recurring problem irritates me like hell.

I will reiterate problem again " every once in a while MKR would plug and unplug automatically from device manager and is switching between ports COM10 and COM4. any workaround is much appreciated

Regards

ballscrewbob

That is quite normal to be honest.

It does have two ports.
One is the standard port and the other is the bootloader port.

If you want to test this out simply tap the reset button quite quickly and it will jump to and stay on the bootloader port and show under windows as a BOOTLOADER port.

Its actually very useful in case you have a misbehaving sketch that is locking out the standard port.
Sort of like a backdoor.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up