I'm developing an Xbox Keyboard Mouse Adapter Using an Arduino Mega and 12Bit DAC MCP4922. I ran into some problem and i need your guy help. My problem is my mouse algorithms are not working correctly; playtesting in Halo the game somehow combines the X and Y thumbstick values so the thumbstick [glow]moves faster diagonally than the X or Y axis alone[/glow]. Will need to add yet another filter to the chain to compensate. But keyboard and anything else is working correctly
Here is my current configuration:
1. Set mouse to 8 counts/mm (highest resolution available for PS/2).
2. Set mouse sample rate to 200Hz (highest sample rate available for PS/2).
3. Read X Y.
4. Finds the absolute value of X Y.
5. Since I set the mouse to 8 counts/mm so it only output -127 to 127. So we take X Y divided by 127 time it by 2048 because I'm currently using 12bit DAC MCP4922 (0 to 4095).
6. Depend on the sign bit and the axis we either + or - from 2048.
7. Send it to the DAC via SPI Protocol.
And both mouse are using PS/2 Protocol you can find some of very helpful information here: http://www.computer-engineering.org/ps2protocol/