What Book  to Learn Adruino Language?

I just ordered my first few Arduino boards and am ready to jump intoo the new (for me it is) world off microprocessors.

I just read the book Physical Computing: Sensing and Controlling the Physical World with Computers and just got more excited about the posibilities.

I have no coding experiencce (I can Patch in vvvv, and understand Basic) so I wonder what books you all recommend me to learn C (or do I need to know C# or C++??) to learn to program the Arduino.

Hope I get some nice advises from you all. (will also settle for a website)

The C Programming Language by Kernighan and Ritchie (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0131103628/104-2310979-0274367?v=glance&n=283155) is a classic and supposed to be excellent, though I've never read it. While great if you're really interested in learning C, it might be overkill if you just need to program Arduino. I'm sure there are lots of great web sites on C programming, but I can't recommend any specific ones.

Thats an interesting question. I don't think there is any specific Arduino programming books available. I'm compiling all of the information I can into one printable .pdf so that I can read it while commuting on the train or when I don't have the PC in front of me. When I'm done I'll be happy to share it with anyone. As for a specific book, it's true that Arduino is using a syntax similar to a C-like or Java like language, but the scope of the Arduino command set is very small in comparison and far simpler than either that I think it might be overkill to try to appreciate it from a C or Java book.

The best thing I can suggest is to read all of the example programs on the Arduino site and the language reference and play with the board as much as possible. And ask lots of questions on the forum.

I just got my first Arduino from sparkfun.com here in the states and will start playing with it this weekend, so you've got company. have fun

Since it is C I am looking for, the book about microprocessors I read handles code for the PIC, so can I assume that the syntax is the same?? Is there any reference on this site that will list all codes suported by the arduino??

I will look through all the example codes!! I am just a beginner in this whole electronics thing.

:o Couldn't find an Edit button, but here it is: Arduino - Home

Well, that should be enough for now.... look at my LEDs blink... ahh.. :slight_smile:

30 Arduino Projects for the Evil Genius.

Covers most things you are likely to want to do with the Arduino.

But I am biassed.

"A book on C" by Kelly and Pohl.