Go Down

Topic: Programming Max/MSP (Read 2227 times) previous topic - next topic

maxi999

Hi Folks,  I am researching a way to transfer a Max/MSP patch onto a circuit board so I can dispense with the computer to run an installation.
As Max/MSP is based on C++ I am hoping there is a way to convert the max patch to this source code and write it to the chip on the Arduino.
Please help!
Thanks.

PaulS

I am researching a way to transfer a Max/MSP patch onto a circuit board

One is software. The other is hardware. Two entirely different things.

As Max/MSP is based on C++ I am hoping there is a way to convert the max patch to this source code and write it to the chip on the Arduino.

Well, that's a different story. But, since the Arduino is directly concerned with reading/writing I/O and serial data, and Max/MSP is concerned with something entirely different, there is not going to be any "universal translator".

On the other hand, if the Max/MSP patch is directly concerned with communicating with a serial port, for the purpose of commanding an Arduino, it MIGHT be possible to perform the same functionality without the need for Max/MSP to send instructions.

Without seeing the particular code in question, though, all we can do is wish you luck.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy