Go Down

Topic: Simple LED Based Game (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

hiltonmw

Hi Guys,

New to arduino and hoping for some guidance/assistance (errr, a lot actually).

I'm looking to make a simple LED based game that has the following specs:

There will be an outer ring of individual LEDs, let's say, 20 LEDs.
There will be an inner ring of individual LEDs, let's say 10.

The outer ring of LEDs will chase in a counter-clockwise manner, with the "active LED at 100% brightness, the previously lit LED at 50% brightness and the 2nd previously lit LED at 20% brightness".

The inner ring will have the same lighting pattern, but will 'spin'/chase in a clockwise fashion.

The ultimate goal of the simplified game is to have the player 'stop' the lights so that the inner and outer ring LEDs are in the same quadrant/area.   So for example, if the outer ring is LIT up at 12 o'clock, then the game player must hit a button to stop the inner ring at 12 o'clock to win, as well.

Options:
I'd like the speed of the ring chase speeds to be controlled by two potentiometers, so that we can make the game easier or harder on demand, if possible.

Alternate versions of the game, perhaps, would include a small display (I have I think the 16x2 displays from adafruit), where the inner and outer speeds could be controlled through that, but also have a game select type menu as well: 

Game Type A (default and/or the one I'll use if we don't want to make it too difficult and without the use of a display) - Press the button once to stop the outer ring.  Press the button again to stop the inner ring.

Double tap (or have a separate button) to reset / restart the game

Game Type B (more difficult) - Press the button just once to stop both rings

If possible, as well, I'd like an Adafruit NeoPixel ring to rainbow chase if the player wins (or perhaps do a special pattern on the LED rings being created above).  Could incorporate a sound controller to, if we really wanted to make this fun, although, thats not necessary at ALL.

So, I would need help from the bottom up, here.  I've got tons of parts lying around, but don't know what to use.  I've got LEDs, wire, resistors, potentiometers, Arduino Uno R3s, etc.

Anyone, or a group of folks interested in piecing this together for me?  I don't think it's too hard and I think it'd be a fun project for school kids to make/etc., so might be worth a good youtube writeup at the end.  I'll gladly attribute if folks would like it.  So yes, I'll need help with a very specific wiring diagram and then some assistance as well with coding.

One downside, I'd need this at least proof of concept ready by next week, or so. 

Looking forward to any help and advice folks have. 

Nishant_Sood

Gigs n Collabs part of this forum is up for paid gigs as such whats on offer!?
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"

ਫ਼ਤੇਹ ਕਰੁਂ!
www.winacro.com

PaulS

Gigs n Collabs part of this forum is up for paid gigs
You seem to have forgotten that "and Collaboration" is part of this forum's title.

Collaboration does not require compensation.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

Nishant_Sood

You seem to have forgotten that "and Collaboration" is part of this forum's title.

Collaboration does not require compensation.
Isn't necessarily the case!
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"

ਫ਼ਤੇਹ ਕਰੁਂ!
www.winacro.com

PaulMurrayCbr

The outer ring of LEDs will chase in a counter-clockwise manner, with the "active LED at 100% brightness, the previously lit LED at 50% brightness and the 2nd previously lit LED at 20% brightness".
You are quoting someone there who has given you a requirement. Might I ask who you are doing this job for?
http://paulmurraycbr.github.io/ArduinoTheOOWay.html

Go Up