Go Down

Topic: Get a mail for every topic I reply to? (Read 539 times) previous topic - next topic

wayoda

Hi,
isn't it possible to switch on mail-notifications for every topic I reply to?
I'm so used to this feature from other forums I visit, so I regulary forget to check the mail-notification for a topic. Can this be turned on by default somewhere?

Eberhard

kg4wsv

Look at the row of icons at the bottom of the page for each post - one of them says "notification".

-j

kg4wsv

oops, that row of icons is at the top and bottom of each page.

-j

wayoda

Hmm,
when I hit the notifications button at the top, I can remove topics from my notification list, not what I want....
I can also register a notification with a board, but then I get a mail for every new topic , also not what I want....

What I'm looking for is : I wrote a new topic or repleyed to an existing one -> I want a mail for that topic without having to check the "Notify of replies:x   Check this if you wish to be notified of replies to this topic"-Thingy

I have searched the Help- and profile options for the forum, there doesn't seem to be option where I can configure this feature. Could this be done by the admin for the forum, and if so : does anybody else find this useful?

Eberhard

kuuk

hi eberhard,
same problem here. it even feels like someone [david :-) ] changed the default setting within the last months. i think it's obvious that i'd like to be notified if someone responds to a post i did. but somehow it happens more and more that i find replies to topics that i wasn't notified of. did we really always have to check that box for notifications?

[turning on notification now]

kuk

Go Up