Go Down

Topic: Open multiple sketches for editing (Read 833 times) previous topic - next topic

kuuk

It's still not clear whether or not each window / sketch should have its own serial port setting and serial monitor.
hi david,
i now remember that you mentioned that you're working on it. please excuse my ignorance... concerning the serial port: as for copy and paste the port wouldn't matter, and i was originally assuming that one was working on a single project most of the time.
still, "multi-board projects" could become more popular with people starting to explore SPI, one-wire and stuff.
would it be hard to to save board and port settings in a sketch rather than in the application settings? i'm thinking of something like two pull-down menus at the top of each window.

best, kuk

eustace

Pardon my ignorance, but is it safe running two open windows of Arduino?  That would really relieve my problem;  I didn't realize that tabs were already implemented for multi-file sketches (not having written any).

mem

... is it safe running two open windows of Arduino?  That would really relieve my problem.
It certainly works for me when I need to cut and paste across sketches

eustace

Thanks.  I finally dug through the files Arduino creates when it saves/compiles a sketch, and found that I can open the .pde file with a text editor.  This is all I really need - to be able to look through old code while writing a new sketch.

Go Up