Go Down

Topic: Button Tutorial Text Suggestion (Read 380 times) previous topic - next topic

jder

Hi All,

I'm just getting started with the Arduino and electronics in general. I have a suggestion for clarifying the text of the button tutorial, as it confused me a bit the first time through. The original text describing the wiring is as follows:

We connect three wires to the Arduino board. The first goes from one leg of the pushbutton through a pull-up resistor (here 2.2KOhms) to the 5 volt supply. The second goes from the corresponding leg of the pushbutton to ground. The third connects to a digital i/o pin (here pin 7) which reads the button's state.

My suggestion is as follows:

We connect three wires to the Arduino board. The first wire goes from [glow]the first leg[/glow] of the pushbutton through a pull-up resistor (here 2.2KOhms) to the 5 volt supply. The second goes from the [glow]other[/glow] leg of the pushbutton to ground. The third connects to a digital i/o pin (here pin 7) [glow]to the first leg of the pushbutton,[/glow] which reads the button's state.

Thanks!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy