Go Down

Topic: Spam fighting request (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

follower

Hi,

I would like to repeat my request for something to be done about the spam on the forums.

Can someone please organise to allow myself or one of the other forums regulars the ability to delete spam directly--in my opinion it is inefficient to be marking it manually and I don't think it's a good use of the existing moderators' time to be searching for threads marked SPAM and deleting them.

--Phil.  

Digger450

mellis

follower: it's not a bad idea.  I'll discuss it with the team.  I've also been thinking about trying to divide up the hardware interfacing forum into multiple categories, so it could be nice to have some extra moderators to help out in categorizing the posts.

OTOH, I don't think there's so much spam to really interfere with the forum usage, although I understand that it's annoying.

follower

I'll discuss it with the team.

I'd appreciate it.

I've also been thinking about trying to divide up the hardware interfacing forum into multiple categories, so it could be nice to have some extra moderators to help out in categorizing the posts.

FWIW IMO I'm not sure there'd be a huge benefit from dividing up the hardware forums. People already seem to have problems knowing quite which sub-forum to post in and I don't think the volume of postings is dangerously high. What do you see as being the gain from doing so?

OTOH, I don't think there's so much spam to really interfere with the forum usage, although I understand that it's annoying.

I guess I subscribe to the "broken window" theory and (particularly after today's deluge) I don't think it's getting any less. I don't think anybody gains from leaving spam on the forums longer than is necessary.

--Phil.

CrashingDutchman

I didn't see this thread and posted a similar thread in the News section... Sorry!

Go Up