Go Down

Topic: Spam fighting request (Read 4004 times) previous topic - next topic

melka

I'm ok to help follower on the de-spam task. I'm in Europe (France), and I check the forum at least each hour.
Cheers
http://melka.one.free.fr/blog/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/melkaone/

follower

I check the forum at least each hour.
You're even more of an addict than me! :-)

--Phil.

mem

I check the forum at least each hour.
You're even more of an addict than me! :-)

--Phil.

Only once an hour, sigh! I think I need a 12 step program (written in C++ of course)   ;)

Oracle

[You're even more of an addict than me! :-)
--Phil.

I just read something about that.  Supposedly it's the same sort of addiction as a slot player.  Each time you visit it's like pulling the handle, and the jackpot is a good posting to reply to.

mem

Sep 12, 2008, 08:29 pm Last Edit: Sep 12, 2008, 08:30 pm by mem Reason: 1
--Phil.

I just read something about that.  Supposedly it's the same sort of addiction as a slot player.  Each time you visit it's like pulling the handle, and the jackpot is a good posting to reply to.
does that one count?

melka

--Phil.

does that one count?

and now ?
http://melka.one.free.fr/blog/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/melkaone/

follower

LOL, yeah I've seen email and web browsing described in the same way.

Slightly back on topic, I've had a couple of PMs regarding the level of discourse in a recent thread.

I'm keen for us to maintain our current community "policing" of standards and not become the local deputy but leave that role to the existing global moderators.

I see myself as a moderator purely for anti-spam purposes--is that the current expectation?

--Phil.

P.S. *ka-ching*

John_Ryan

The neighborhood is usually quite orderly. I think theres a single exception at the moment taking up space and it would be a shame if it became the norm.

Personally I'm not here often enough to notice the goings ons, but the spam however is evident each time I visit. So in order of priority, I guess spam would have to be at the very top.

westfw

The new YaBB seems to have some anti-spam measures, but I'm not sure that they're working right.  I got a "you're posting too fast, you might be a spammer" warning on using the PREVIEW function, and PREVIEW also seems to change the POST button to WAIT.  Also, after getting the warning and going BACK to continue/retry, I was stuck at a page where neither the PREVIEW nor POST buttons seemed to work any more.  (Copy, back to forum, retry-reply, paste, wait, post... worked ok.)

mellis

Yeah, I've been having trouble with them as well.  We will keep tweaking the settings.

madworm

What's with the quote button ?
• Upload doesn't work? Do a loop-back test.
• There's absolutely NO excuse for not having an ISP!
• Your AVR needs a brain surgery? Use the online FUSE calculator.
My projects: RGB LED matrix, RGB LED ring, various ATtiny gadgets...
• Microsoft is not the answer. It is the question, and the answer is NO!

gnu_linux

madworm

Nov 02, 2008, 07:08 am Last Edit: Nov 02, 2008, 07:16 am by madworm Reason: 1
No.

And if I were thick in the head I'd immediately ask why and how an apache module influenced said button.  ::)

gnu_linux

Sorry, that was for Mellis

:)

madworm

I know  ;D

Just couldn't resist.

Go Up